AVIC411.com

Thoughts about that darn Safety message...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't hurt trying, but that variable is not used anywhere in iGO scripts, so I doubt that it will control the message display. It must be done somewhere in Pioneer's shell...

maybe. I'm thinking it maybe defined there by default (out of scope)... and if we add it to like the top of each of the files (hack in like a global scope), something might happen!

Idk if this will contribute any info, but I got into map mode wihout the message..

The other night, I stopped by a friend's house to hang out, and when I got there, I called his cell. The unit booted up into the iPod menu since I didn't use the map prior, and when the call went through, it went into map mode, but we all know it does that. However, when the call ended, the unit stayed in map mode and worked fine, no warning screen came up until i physically pressed the map button while it was on map mode. It seems like the bluetooth use bypasses the warning screen. Maybe this could be a clue as how to bypass it?

WIN CE EMULATOR AVIC411 POST

I was toying with the WIN CE emulator and 7zip to see if i could get around the nag screen and...

if you look at My flash\Apl\MainRes\NSWinsOpening there is a file called "UIN_WIN_PLCaution.win"

I deleted this file and in to the emulator brought up the main screen clicked destination and it crashed on me.

I was hoping some one with a little more knowledge then I would give this a look see and figure out if it was just another crash or dose it have to do with the fact the unit cant find the nag screen so it dies

will aslo post this in the mag screen msg

[/url]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Something interesting related to this...

I have noticed that when I start up the AVIC, if it has been left one some screen other than the map (ipod, fm, etc) I can get into the map without having to press "OK". All I do is make a call with my phone through the bluetooth, then after I hang up, the screen automatically goes to the map. This happens every time I do this in that order. Then, while I am on the map screen, I can press the "MAP" button and the safety message will pop up with the "OK" button.

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this or if it might give some insight into how we can get around the message.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new here - interested in helping out. There are alot of hackers in the communities I frequent that could figure this out - and change it if it can be changed. They will know if it was coded into the chips or if it's all software.

One question - was the message prior to V2 the same as V2? I mean exactly the same? Same button, same button position, same color when you press on it. Same text?

If someone has already backed up their stock radio (all the files) can you send me a link - I can't do mine until tonight because I got the wrong SD card. I want to post it to the sites I frequent and ask someone to do their magic.

If the disclaimer was different prior to V2 upgrade and is coded into the chip then the flash upgrade is where the key is. I can download the upgrade to V2 and poke around. Maybe one of the hacks can look at the flash upgrade and alter it.

Well there is a little DD that needs to be done on this - I will start snooping.

I am new here - interested in helping out. There are alot of hackers in the communities I frequent that could figure this out - and change it if it can be changed. They will know if it was coded into the chips or if it's all software.

One question - was the message prior to V2 the same as V2? I mean exactly the same? Same button, same button position, same color when you press on it. Same text?

If someone has already backed up their stock radio (all the files) can you send me a link - I can't do mine until tonight because I got the wrong SD card. I want to post it to the sites I frequent and ask someone to do their magic.

If the disclaimer was different prior to V2 upgrade and is coded into the chip then the flash upgrade is where the key is. I can download the upgrade to V2 and poke around. Maybe one of the hacks can look at the flash upgrade and alter it.

Well there is a little DD that needs to be done on this - I will start snooping.

Message was exactly the same and it is called from the executable (EZRider)....

Sorry for the noobishness but as i've stated in the past, I am not very computer tech savvy...but what exactly does EZRIDER.exe do? I know it's an executable file and it's connected to the warning screen, but what about rewriting an ezrider.exe but excluding the warning screen coding?

And is it possible that there is maybe a hidden file that brings up the warning screen? It seems from reading these posts that every time a file is deleted it results in the unit crashing upon pressing map, but what if those are completely irrelevant files to what you're really looking for?

Sorry for the noobishness but as i've stated in the past, I am not very computer tech savvy...but what exactly does EZRIDER.exe do? I know it's an executable file and it's connected to the warning screen, but what about rewriting an ezrider.exe but excluding the warning screen coding?

And is it possible that there is maybe a hidden file that brings up the warning screen? It seems from reading these posts that every time a file is deleted it results in the unit crashing upon pressing map, but what if those are completely irrelevant files to what you're really looking for?

EZRider = iGO = navigation software on the AVIC.