AVIC411.com

Faster Button Responses!

So I updated the 4 wav files to silence the annoying key beeps while in the A/V section of my F90BT.

I may be crazy but it REALLY seems to me that the buttons (physical and on screen) respond more quickly now and the system doesn't appear to hang or lag as badly as it did.

Could substituting the 40kb system files with the 7 kb silent wav files really have made that big of a difference or am I just being optimistic?

I know 40 kb isn't that large but could the .wav file size combined with the code to perform whatever task is assigned to the button be causing the system to lag?

Either way . . . AWESOME MOD GUYS!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading these posts I decided to try to put in the silence wavs to see if they improve the response of my steering wheel controls. And to my surprise I can definitely say that it worked and my steering wheels controls are much more responsive!

What would happen if we just removed the sounds from the sounds folder? Would we blue screen? haha

:lol: No it wouldn't blue screen, but it may not function right without the sound files. If it searches for the file and it's not there, it may not know what to do. IE just yesterday I was making changes to my UI's and I forgot to rename the file from "Copy of image.res" to" Image.res" and the screen was black because it couldn't find the files. It's better to just make them a blank sound so at least the files are still present.

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone tried opening a blank text doc and saving it as the same exact file name, with the same extension?

that way you would still have the file there but it would just be blank instead of a silence file.

That might work, but from the sound of it the newest/easiest way is just to back up the files and delete them.