AVIC411.com

Faster Button Responses!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys don't need to replace the wav files.

Simply create a new folder, and drag and drop those 4 files into the new folder.

Thus you delete and backup in one step.

You don't need to replace the files. They don't program the software as some flawless program.. it would

be terribly bloated if they did. They obviously didn't putin a "check for wav file, if missing EXIT" line

in their code.. worse case scenario if they did, they may have put

"check for wav file, if exist play it, if not, skip playing it" line.

People have already stated they have deleted the file successfully. You can too. If you put a dummy file in there

then you are giving it an extra order to carry out that you dont' need, and in theory that is slower.

As far as deleting states you dont' need... That depends on what GPS software you're using. I use IGO 8 and

it doesn't load all of the maps by default, it loads them as needed, like when you type in a state with it's

address or you cross state lines.

HOWEVER There *IS* a benefit to being tidy and neatly tucking away the states you don't need.

Go into your igo8/content/map directory... create a new folder.. and move all the maps you

rarely need (once a year) there. Thus you eliminate them from the drop down choice menu

for your day to day selection, instead of having to scroll through multiple menu screens of

states you dont' need to get ot the ones that's physically closer but not alphabetically.

For instance, I on a daily basis live in a tri-state area, but i also go down the east coast once a year..

so I put all those states outside of the tri-state area in the new folder to pull them bakc up later

for that out of area trip.. but now on a daily basis when i need to change states, there's

the only 3 I have right in the menu and no scrolling through useless states. That's a

time saver and annoyance saver.

• 7 months later...