AVIC411.com

Progress Report

Many people complained that the unit does not do POI address search.

Well, it does. Geniuses at Pioneer just could not fit the button in on a nice screen they designed.

A quick fix of poi*.ui files and you can search POI by address. Right now cosmetics aren't the best (ideally someone would paint button backgrounds just like the current ones but smaller so we could fit the whole thing on screen...).

Use POI* files in the attachement. The button is on the very bottom.

Also includes MSN Directo UI file that makes buttons for entering Debug Status possible. Click the left butterfly first, then the right one...

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boris, for these UI scripts we just copy them to our unzipped data.zip file and then rezip and insert into avic? Will these affect any other hacks such as the blue box removal?

Also the POI address search, what exactly is that? How do you search POI by address, isnt that just a normal menu > destination > address?

Lastly, does the script file on 1st pg contain all the new hacks you done such as the POI?

Thanks a lot i kow i been bugging you :wink:

OK, here's the latest version of my scripts, copied off of the avic, so it does work...

If you extract them, they will be in exactly same directory structure as they should be inside DATA.ZIP

I have removed some of the duplicate scripts that were repeated outside of UI directories. Not all of them, because some appear to be necessary, and testing on this thing is a pain until someone comes up with a way to emulate it...

Easiest installation procedure is to unzip your DATA.ZIP file, overwrite script files with the ones from a hack you want to use, and compress them back. WinRAR seems to work best for compressing.

My DATA file uses skycrave's blue box fix, so there's no reason to use it unless you also want my house number display (and I am experimenting with speed display right now).

POI address search is something any other nav system has out of the box. Right now, you can search for POIs around your present position, around destination, along the route, or around the cursor. Address search is, basically, the sam,e thing as cursor search, except that instead of dragging the map around and setting the cursor, you can simply enter the address and have AVIC search around there.

Note that right now nothing much will show on POI search screen until you actually click it right under the last "official" search button. I suck at graphicvs and did not feel like redrawing the gigantic button backgrounds we have, at least not yet, so existing buttons cover all scren except header/footer, so the new button overlaps footer. If you click it, button name will flash and you'll go to the address entry screen.

I didn't update script on the first page... I prefer to have a track of changes that were made, plus people could learn from changes others make...

WinZIP _should_ work but because it tends to mess up directories and all I find WinRAR to be easier, and as you have found, it does make ZIP files just fine.

FWIW, iGO itself uses 7ZIP decompressor, so you probably could use that as well...

WinZIP _should_ work but because it tends to mess up directories and all I find WinRAR to be easier, and as you have found, it does make ZIP files just fine.

FWIW, iGO itself uses 7ZIP decompressor, so you probably could use that as well...

Something went wrong with my data.zip file. the avic didn't like it.how do you zip them. open win rar or right click.. do you mind telling me your method.

I usually have all files extracted to a working directory, then I select them all (from the top level), right-click and select WInRAR's "Add to Archive" option.

Then make sure you have selected to preserve paths and use ZIP archiving.

Here's the latest version of my scripts:

1. Duplicate scripts removed.

2. Needed scripts cleaned up a bit for smakker size

3. Software bypass

4. skycrave's blue box fix

5. POI address search (still needs cosmetic work)

6. Speed cameras

7. House numbers

8. Visible MSN Directo debug buttons

9. Route settings allow turning "snap to road" on and off

10. Route settings allow changing vehicle type (care, pedestrian, truck, taxi, bus, bicycle, emergency) - 700-90 models only right now.

11. Decent Branding file

TODO:

1. better detour interface

2. Cosmetics for POI address search

3. Route simulation speed control

4. Home/Favorites button on main screen...

Enjoy!

Note: if you waqnt to clean up your DATA.ZIP, you could try deleting all of UI files that are not in my archive... There were quite a few duplicate files in the original, particularly in COMMON direcotry it duplicated all files from COMMON\UI...

cigga24 --- no, it should not have any effect on the hardware bypass at all.