AVIC411.com

Progress Report

BorisM,

I dont know if its my unit or not, but I was using the old scripts you had and I could go on the map and move the cursor to a place on the map and set up a new camera, but the new scripts, when I move the cursor, it removes the button that lets me add a camera to the intersection. Did you make some changes on how that interacts?

Thanks.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: if you waqnt to clean up your DATA.ZIP, you could try deleting all of UI files that are not in my archive... There were quite a few duplicate files in the original, particularly in COMMON direcotry it duplicated all files from COMMON\UI...

I just installed your latest scripts. So far I like it, although it could use some cosmetic fixes. I didn't quite understand the detour screen. I figured out that it presents saved searches, but the text that tells you to select distances for something was not readable.

By your above statement are you saying that all files that were not part of your scripts.zip file can be deleted (i.e. the scripts.zip could be renamed data.zip and could completely replace the data.zip file?). I just used your scripts to update a copy of my data.zip. I see what you mean by the duplicate files, there are quite a few of them.

Yeah, cosmetics aren't my strongest side... :(

The detour screen... So far I just uncommented code that hides it, so if you set something to avoid from the Itinerary screen, you can fix it there.

On a real iGO skin this button would do much more. I am trying to study a couple of the more advanced skins to see how difficult it would be to rip out advanced detour management.

On a proper skin you can do things like set certain streets to be avoided on certain days/times (i.e. don't use that highway to downtown during rush hour, but use it if it is empty other times)...

Re: cleanup. No, you don't want to use my archive _instead_ of the original. You still need sounds and bitmaps I removed to comply with forum's file size limits. However, AFAIK any UI file that is not in my archive is a duplicate and probably not used... At least even after a few longer trips I haven't had any problems without them.

For those who want to explore some of the more advanced skins for iGO here are links to two of реу more popular ones:

Gurjon: http://sites.google.com/site/gurjon/Home

diMka: http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka.htm

On the second link, it provides audio files for cameras. Have you had a chance to work with these yet? Any suggestions?

Yes, I'm trying to pull some things out of them. Unfortunately, since NavNGo isn't exactly forthcoming with information about the scripting language, it is a slow process...

Speedcamera speech files require a special script. I will have to see how difficult it is to add it in...

Added more enhancements:

1. Cosmetics are fine now on the POI screen for Address search.

2. Moved house numbers to the Current Street display (combined_textmodel rocks ;) )

3. Added Turn Restriction indicator. If you are passing by a one-way street, No (left/right) Turn sign will appear on screen.

4. Fixed up route simulation. Instead of Fly Over, button now says "Simulate". When you click, it will ask if you want to do a Fly Over or Simulation. In Simulation mode, you get voice announcements, camera warnings, etc. Also, on screen, next to Stop Simulation buttons, you now get Slower/Faster buttons, because Simulate can be rather slow (it drives speed limit :) )

TODO:

1. Figure out detour screen. Still can't get it to show anything useful

2. Better hiding of simulation speed controls. For now, they get hidden only when you stop simulation with the green Stop button.

INSTALLATION:

Either add files to your DATA.ZIP, or copy the entire ui_pioneer folder into your iGO directory. Whatever files are present there override ones inside DATA.ZIP.

• 2 weeks later...

BorisM i cant find this pioneer folder on my avic. I go to myflash/apl2/igo but there are no other folders. I enabled hidden folders also under the view menu.

when i downloaded and unrar your scripts i get two folders; common and 800_480. Should i just drop these two folders into igo folder?