AVIC411.com

SUPER low prices, can i trust this site? (86photovideo.com)

• 2 weeks later...
whatever you do, DONT click that search button before asking a question!

I typed www.86photovideo.com into the search engine and got nothing relevant, so what's your point?

Anyway, it's a scam site, works like this.

I placed an order online. The next morming I get an email that states I need to call them to confirm my order. I figure typical East Coast electronics seller bullshit trying to upsell me a warantee, accessories. I call and the sales guy tells me I need an SD card to make the unit work and just my luck they have a 1gig card to sell me for $129 instead of the normal $179 price. SD cards are like $10 now so I say,

"No thank you, I already have one."

He goes on to tell me I need a special one for Nav units. Again,

"no thank you, I'm good."

He says, "So I suppose you don't want the extended warantee then either?"

"No thank you."

At this point he gets really disinterested and finishes me off with,"Thank you, your order will be processed" Click

Great, that was easy. An hour later I get an email from them. It states that the unit is on backorder and will take 3-4 weeks to fill. I am welcome to cancel my order anytime. I threatened to report them to the BBB for business practices but guess what, you need a physical address to file a complaint and they don't list one. I asked customer service fot it and no reply. This was 2 months ago, I never cancelled my order, have never received anything from them.

There are a LOT of companies that are run by these people you need to avoid buying things from. Buy from a reputable source. Sure, it may cost a little more, but there's also a chance that trying to buy from the lowest seller could cost you WAY more in the end.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13207

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17828

• 1 month later...

Same thing happened to me from that site! However, when I called they just tried selling me the warranty which I declined. I surely did cancel my order and got 1 D3 off of Ebay from SonicElectronix and then got my other D3 straight from SonicElectronix.

That 86Photo site is a complete fraud.

whatever you do, DONT click that search button before asking a question!

I typed www.86photovideo.com into the search engine and got nothing relevant, so what's your point?

Anyway, it's a scam site, works like this.

I placed an order online. The next morming I get an email that states I need to call them to confirm my order. I figure typical East Coast electronics seller bullshit trying to upsell me a warantee, accessories. I call and the sales guy tells me I need an SD card to make the unit work and just my luck they have a 1gig card to sell me for $129 instead of the normal $179 price. SD cards are like $10 now so I say,

"No thank you, I already have one."

He goes on to tell me I need a special one for Nav units. Again,

"no thank you, I'm good."

He says, "So I suppose you don't want the extended warantee then either?"

"No thank you."

At this point he gets really disinterested and finishes me off with,"Thank you, your order will be processed" Click

Great, that was easy. An hour later I get an email from them. It states that the unit is on backorder and will take 3-4 weeks to fill. I am welcome to cancel my order anytime. I threatened to report them to the BBB for business practices but guess what, you need a physical address to file a complaint and they don't list one. I asked customer service fot it and no reply. This was 2 months ago, I never cancelled my order, have never received anything from them.

I ordered mine form sonicelectronix about two months ago. Great service, I had got a bad unit and sent it back and they exchanged it without a problem. They are running a special right now the F90 is 724 with free shipping and handling. Another thing I like about them is they send you the free wiring harness and kit for your car just like Crutchfield does.

I went through sonic electronix as well and was quite pleased, plus they were a live cashback company as well!

Order came when they said, email communication was good and the unit even had a blue dot on it, although I wonder what color dot is on them now with the 2.0 update.

Found them reputable and would order from them again..

I went through sonic electronix as well and was quite pleased, plus they were a live cashback company as well!

Order came when they said, email communication was good and the unit even had a blue dot on it, although I wonder what color dot is on them now with the 2.0 update.

Found them reputable and would order from them again..

The dot is orange for the units that have been already updated.