AVIC411.com

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Sweet I got It working,

"V:\program files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\DeviceEmulator.exe" "V:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\0409\PPC_USA.bin" /memsize 256 /s "V:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 MSFP Emulator Images\pocketpc.dess" /tooltips ON /video 800x480x16 /vmname "Pioneer Emulator"

Notice theres no V610 in my line. and the V: Dirrectory is due to my mulitboot I got going.

V:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\0409\PPC_USA.bin"

The Pic:

O_snap-1.jpg

I don't think anyone have the emulator to work yet with the Pioneer software. Even there is a flash video from Lunar-Eclipse but only shows how to run the emulator, but the actual DATA.zip file is not showing.

I'm trying to put a documentation together for everyone to use, but the emulator does not run the FXXXBT data files.

Anyone have really made the emulator to fully work? Anyone... Anyone?... Some brilliant minds out there willing to help? Thanks.

There are 2 threads about this, Leetcoder wrote this on the other one

"Guys I've already gone down this road. As of right now you can't run any of the AVIC software on windows device emulator. The reason is that Microsoft have not release a compiler (platform builder) that supports ARMv6 instruction set. Also the latest Microsoft Device Emulator does not support ARMv6 Instruction sets as well.. Thus you can not run the avic software on the emulator so dont waste your time trying.

The processor for the AVIC F-series is ARM1136JF (ARMv6 instructions set supported).

Im awaiting their SDK, once it is release I can create software for this unit, maybe even a new Kiosk GUI that is more flexible than the current one. 3rd party apps without needing to boot into testmode.

PS: It doesn't matter if the hardware is present or not, Ive already try runnign the AVIC software on my mobile phone which support the ARMv6 isntructions and it ran perfectly! The only thing is my phone screen is too small for me to do anything. If you have HTC Tilt you can try it.

From what I see so far, It is very likely once the SDK is release you guys will see a burst of new apps for this unit."

from here:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

One of these 2 topics should be locked i think.

There are 2 threads about this, Leetcoder wrote this on the other one

"Guys I've already gone down this road. As of right now you can't run any of the AVIC software on windows device emulator. The reason is that Microsoft have not release a compiler (platform builder) that supports ARMv6 instruction set. Also the latest Microsoft Device Emulator does not support ARMv6 Instruction sets as well.. Thus you can not run the avic software on the emulator so dont waste your time trying.

The processor for the AVIC F-series is ARM1136JF (ARMv6 instructions set supported).

Im awaiting their SDK, once it is release I can create software for this unit, maybe even a new Kiosk GUI that is more flexible than the current one. 3rd party apps without needing to boot into testmode.

PS: It doesn't matter if the hardware is present or not, Ive already try runnign the AVIC software on my mobile phone which support the ARMv6 isntructions and it ran perfectly! The only thing is my phone screen is too small for me to do anything. If you have HTC Tilt you can try it.

From what I see so far, It is very likely once the SDK is release you guys will see a burst of new apps for this unit."

from here:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

One of these 2 topics should be locked i think.

Actually I was wrong, after dissecting the programs, it seems like it is written in mostly ARMv4 platform.

• 1 month later...

Just for your information,

the Windows CE emulator described in this post can run under LINUX, (if you are a linux user, like myself, but still wanna mod you AVIC)

Just follow the instructions posted in this website. download the indicated files.

Note to install msi files on linux you need to use the following command on the terminal:

wine msiexec /i xyz.msi

this will run the installation of the msi files downloaded.

Copy the file :~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Windows Mobile 6 SDK/PocketPC/DeviceemulationV610/0409/PPC_USA.BIN to the wine folder where you installed the emulator so it is easy to run the startup script.

then change the bat file to the following script

> wine DeviceEmulator.exe PPC_USA.BIN /memsize 256 /tooltips ON /video 800x480x16 /vmname "Pioneer Emulator"

You all set.. now you can run the windows CE emulator under Wine on LINUX!!!! without having to switch to windows in order to work on your avic mods... wowww... works beautiful, well the emulator, i still trying to get the Avic soft to run on the emulator....

• 4 weeks later...

When trying to get the Tel.exe and MainMenu.exe to launch I get an error message saying that the file is either not digitally signed or missing componets

Im following the instructions written by Lunar-Eclipse and I can get the emulator to launch with out issues as well as explore to where i have placed both the entire 2.0 update as well as my data.zip folder that is my unedited back up.

Any ideas on whats going on with it?

Just for your information,

the Windows CE emulator described in this post can run under LINUX, (if you are a linux user, like myself, but still wanna mod you AVIC)

Just follow the instructions posted in this website. download the indicated files.

Note to install msi files on linux you need to use the following command on the terminal:

wine msiexec /i xyz.msi

this will run the installation of the msi files downloaded.

Copy the file :~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Windows Mobile 6 SDK/PocketPC/DeviceemulationV610/0409/PPC_USA.BIN to the wine folder where you installed the emulator so it is easy to run the startup script.

then change the bat file to the following script

> wine DeviceEmulator.exe PPC_USA.BIN /memsize 256 /tooltips ON /video 800x480x16 /vmname "Pioneer Emulator"

You all set.. now you can run the windows CE emulator under Wine on LINUX!!!! without having to switch to windows in order to work on your avic mods... wowww... works beautiful, well the emulator, i still trying to get the Avic soft to run on the emulator....

cheers! i'm trying this now. i'm running gentoo (2.6.26-gentoo) and wine-1.1.11.

i almost had a heart attack when i realized i installed a WINDOWS device into my car! :(

any idea if there's an open firmware project dedicated to the avic? (a la tomato or openwrt)

best,

- j