AVIC411.com

i almost had a heart attack when i realized i installed a WINDOWS device into my car! :(

any idea if there's an open firmware project dedicated to the avic? (a la tomato or openwrt)

Most likely never, at least if you want to keep Navi part working.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is only useful so far for viewing changes to the main screen, and that is it. You cannot run any of the other items.

If and when we can, it would be great to use this as a way to check screen modification layouts and ensuring all BMP and icon files are correctly placed in the DATA.ZIP file.

Oh well, so promising, yet so dead ended.

Ceger

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

11. By now, Windows Mobile should be fully booted.

12. Click the Start button in the top left corner

13. Click Programs

14. Click "File Explorer"

15. In the top left corner click the drop down arrow (in my case, it says my documents beside the arrow).

16. Select "Storage Card"

17. Double Click APL folder

18. Double Click Main Menu or Navi or Tel.

Let me know if you don't understand any part and I'll try to walk you through it.

I'm going to bed now... See you folks in the morning.

]My question is where is this "APL folder" you speak of, have i not loaded something to my SD? My SD still says "MITACAP and Testmode

11. By now, Windows Mobile should be fully booted.

12. Click the Start button in the top left corner

13. Click Programs

14. Click "File Explorer"

15. In the top left corner click the drop down arrow (in my case, it says my documents beside the arrow).

16. Select "Storage Card"

17. Double Click APL folder

18. Double Click Main Menu or Navi or Tel.

Let me know if you don't understand any part and I'll try to walk you through it.

I'm going to bed now... See you folks in the morning.

]My question is where is this "APL folder" you speak of, have i not loaded something to my SD? My SD still says "MITACAP and Testmode

you better start reading the hacks thread

• 3 weeks later...

First off, thanks to the OP for posting this info. I really wanted to mess with this without having to run back and forth to the car.

Next...

Hacking 101:A .bat file is a type of old school .exe

All they do is run or change things in windows one you program them.

the Code we see in the forum is going to call a file and I guess change it.

This is also Old school hacking because you can put them on peoples desk tops and change the icon and then it will shut the pc off embed itself in the start up and the Shit out of luck.

Please don't give anyone any more bad advice. People come here for real advice, not opinions.

1.) A batch file is not an "old school exe" EXE files are compiled, batch files are just scripts.

2.) A batch file doesn't necessarily have to "change" anything. Batch files just run commands or applications in order. They can also be used for some basic logic like if...then or case statements.

3.) It's not "old school hacking" or hacking of any kind. It's simply writing a script to execute a program with a set of parameters. "Hackers" don't wake up in the morning and say "Ooh I'm going to hack this guy with my toolbag full of batch files."

4.) If you think shutting down a PC with a batch file is "hacking," you are obviously a n00b. One would be far from "shit out of luck" in the instance you described.

I hate it when people give bad advice on forums... especially technical forums where someone could brick a $500-$1500 piece of equipment with the bad advice they're given from some 'l33t hax0r' who thinks they know what they're talking about. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem getting past the caution screen. Am I missing a file ? I can get the main menu to come up, also the settings screen, I can go into the system settings but when I try to go into navi settings the caution screen comes up and can not get past it. I press ok but nothing happens for awhile, then the screen goes back to the mobile emulator. Seems if I try to use anything about maps it goes to the caution screen and stops.

Please help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Still can not get deeper than I did before

Seems everybody gave up here. But i can show you that more is possible.

To avoid the error as shown in the pic in the last post you need to remove as much data as possible. Don't let iGO load 1.6 GB of data (fbl, poi, 3dl, 3dc, dem) into the emulator...

To avoid the nag screen don't start MainMenu.exe. Instead start Ezrider.exe. While loading the application tells you what is missing while startup (if you cut too much). I started with only one language file, one voice, one vatican.fbl, no poi's, no buldings, no terrain.

This is one step closer to what you want but as shown in the third pic we need sumthing more... 8)

Btw. i also can start MainMenu and click on navigation and go over the nag screen but you need to be very patient and you don't see any error message then. So why to bother with it...

post-35952-12872757993709_thumb.jpg

post-35952-12872757994737_thumb.jpg

post-35952-12872757995692_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a solution to the application just not running? I've got everything setup and running but when I launch EZ rider I get the pioneer logo and it goes away. Are you guys running 3.0 in the emulator? That is what I have a copy of that I am loading.

• 1 month later...

Here is the batch I used:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\DeviceEmulator.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\PocketPC\DeviceemulationV610\0409\PPC_USA.bin" /memsize 256 /s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 MSFP Emulator Images\pocketpc.dess" /tooltips ON /video 800x480x16 /vmname "Pioneer Emulator" /flash "C:\Users\bobh\Desktop\910BT-Flash\Flashmem.bin" /Sharedfolder "C:\Users\bobh\Desktop\910BT-Flash\My Flash Disk"

I was able to set a Flash directory as well as set the Storage card Directory so I did not have to add or select each time.

post-36964-12872758883964_thumb.jpg

post-36964-12872758884656_thumb.jpg

post-36964-12872758885308_thumb.jpg

post-36964-12872758885786_thumb.jpg