AVIC411.com

Euro Spec F900BT - Upgrade to Voice Control?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok klanbo thanks for the reply, Boris, stephanie if you do read this..... Please please please please can you have a look :(

I'm pretty sure that there are quite a few people smarter than me looking into it right now (besides, I already have a US version so I have voice control), and no results yet...

• 3 months later...

Hello everybody...

I am using an F900BT in Europ for some months now and was always interested in having voice control.

For that reason I was contacting the pioneer service.

I always thought, that the Europe und US Version have the same hardware equipment.

But i was told that the US Avic has an aditional board in it which is just for voice recognition.

So it will not be possible to enable this feature on EU Models just by software!!! :(

I hope this will help all EU AVic users who were still trying to enable this function on their units.

Unfortunately we are not able to get this feature...

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone ... As a newby it might seem bad practice to revive a thread as this one, but ...

So far I notice everyone has been concentrating on getting the Pioneer Voice Command software working. Has anyone actually tried to get some other voice recognition software to run on the AVIC F series? Stuff like Microsoft MICROSOFT Voice Command 1.5 For Windows CE Devices or so? There have to be voice recognition solutions for Windows CE which don't require extra hardware ... Possibly those require training your specific voice, but I for one wouldn't mind that.

I would expect that iGo supports keyboard input and that hence such a program would just translate the spoken commands into keystrokes inserted into the event-stream of Windows CE. As such, having the program always running (which typically is possible by editing the registry a bit on WinCE devices) and subscribing to a hardware button (assuming at least some of the keys of the AVIC F are implemented as WinCE hardware buttons), could trigger it to then recognize a command and based on that output keysequences to iGo.

I know it's a longshot and probably requiring some custom code, but has anyone actually tried this road?

On a related topic: I noticed somewhere in this thread that a DLL was mentioned in some iGo config. Does this mean iGo can load "extensions"? Does someone have info on the interface of such extensions? It could open a whole new world of possibilities ...

• 2 weeks later...

PS: sorry for my poor english !!! I'm just a frenchy !!!

Hi all, it's my first post and i would like to give some info of the voice control of the F900BT.

The software is Voicebox http://www.voicebox.com/, It's an embedded version for Pioneer.

Before March 2008, only American English language was available, this is why the Europe version of F900BT was sold without voice recognotion.

But since march 2008, 6 europeans language was available:

Dutch, British English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.

See the link: http://www.voicebox.com/pressroom/releases/release-17.php

At this time the new AVIC-F10BT sold in europe has the voice recognition :

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F10BT/specs.html in english

or http://www.pioneer.eu/fr/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F10BT/specs.html en français

Click on "Voice Recognition (+)" ou "Reconnaissance Vocale (+)" for more details

Maybe if someone have a backup of a european F10BT, we could compared the files and find an issue !!!

• 6 months later...

Did anybody get the voice recognition feature working? The 920BT has the Parrot CK5050+ module which does provide voice recognition ability. This has been confirmed on the Parrot site. So it must be a software restriction which is stopping the VR feature being enabled in the europen models. Any developments guys?