AVIC411.com

Popular data.zip?

Could someone compile a file containing some or all the popular mods requested by the members. Could be downloaded and installed in one operation with specific instructions for all.

I would think it would consist of:

1- Remove Blue/Green screen

2- Add some TTS voices

3- Remove the beep sounds and or replace with our own sounds

4- Put a Screen shut down Button on main screen

5- Put a radio off button on main screen

6- Put a generic car picture intead of the arrow in GPS

7- Have GPS show driving up screen all the time or when wanted

8- Bypass parking brake

9- If possible remove warning screens and startup screens or make transparent

10- There are more I guess but for now this would be on my XMas list.

I know this asking a lot but some of you guys are pretty good at this stuff and are willing to put the effort like you have been doing all along.

• 2 weeks later...
...also i think speed/elevation should be on the nav map at all times

That's the very problem with a "1 For All File"; you think those should be on the display at all times, but want the map screen to be as clean as possible, so I don't want those on there ever.

Everyone has different wants and needs, so it's almost impossible to do something that everyone will want. I think there are a few mods that could be combined in one Data file that most people would appreciate having, but outside of that, I think things start to diverge pretty quickly.

I'll try to work something up this week if I have time.

Some of the items in the list (box rem,oval, bypass...) probably would be on everyone's wish list.

The rest, theoretically, could be made configurable. I.e., I want my houser numbers and turn restrictions to display but don't care too much about elevation (unless I drive the car up the Sears Tower, elevation does not change much in Chicago... :) )

If we can get a list of extra data pieces that people want on the screen and can come up with reasonable placement, font, color, etc. for them, we could let people chose which ones to display.

(It is theoretically possible to control placement through scripts, too, but more work)

I agree this would be nice. I am getting mine installed on Saturday so once that is done, I will start getting up to speed on everything and making a custom file that has everything everyone wants. I have a lot of studying to do first...I just really started looking at all this because I sold my Z2 the other day.

I could really use this, I just bought a 90BT and all I want is the video bypass, and if possible the the adjustment to allow more memory to be used for applications. The reason I am asking is because I own a mac, and I have not been able to find a compression tool that will let me edit a zip file without extracting it....

If any one can help me out either with the modded files, or by pointing out a tool that will work on a mac, I would appreciate that.

I could really use this, I just bought a 90BT and all I want is the video bypass, and if possible the the adjustment to allow more memory to be used for applications. The reason I am asking is because I own a mac, and I have not been able to find a compression tool that will let me edit a zip file without extracting it....

If any one can help me out either with the modded files, or by pointing out a tool that will work on a mac, I would appreciate that.

The memory adjustment can only be made in the CE interface, no file can do that for you. Use the "testmode" files from an SD card to get into CE, then adjust from there. There is a whole thread about it.

For the Video bypass, please see my edited post above with file link :)

I'll upload the data.zip file somwwhere for you man.

Here you go brother.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124701#124701

Boris, Skicrave, Stephanie, etc...

You folks could accept donations for work you do regarding specific requests. Or, maybe even better, how about I donate to your favorite charity in an amount you state for work I request? Something along those lines work?

Actually, I'm not so sure you couldn't actually generate income off this as long as you aren't the ones installing the software. Maybe. That could be tricky.