AVIC411.com

East Coast Disc FTP Information Contained in this post.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a free software that will bur this ISO?

Thanks, Jason

I use DVD-Decrypter (http://mrbass.org/dvdrip/)

From the menu choose Mode > ISO > Write

Way easier than Alcohol 120 and its freeware that never expires. And get 7-zip if you want free software that handles zip, rar and many other compression formats. Also freeware and an excellent performer.

DVD-Decrypter can rip DVDs as well as burn them (and also burn .iso images)

That is the program I used to make a duplicate of my Original Avic D3 discs

raiden how do u get the 08 disk file into img burn cause i just downloaded imgburn, step by step please :lol:

yes im suckin up lol

First you should change the Layer Break Sector. I did that when I burned the 07 disks and I have not changed it. So I'm not sure if it's important to do but it worked for me.

To do this, go into Tools -> Settings

Go to the Write Tab

At the top right, (Layer Break), click on User Specified

Enter 2084960

Click on OK to go back to the main screen.

Unzip the file so you have an .iso

Open ImgBurn

Click Write image file to disc

Click on the icon next to "Please select a file..."

Select your .iso file

Click on the "file to disc" icon at the bottom left of the screen. (Under the Verify option)

There you go!

IMPORTANT:

Make sure that Write speed is maximum 2.4x. For DL, it's the best

I suggest Memorex DVD+R DL Disks

Good Luck!

I have the original D1 and downloaded the west coast .rar files and extracted them into a ISO. I keep getting insert appropriate disc error.

I burned it using nero then alcohol 120% with book type (suggested on page 7) with no success. Funny thing is that it does recognized the DVD because it reads the backgrounds pictures from the new DVD but does not update.

I tried using the reset button, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? I have 3 DL verbatim DVDs left.

Just did my upgrade on my D3, thanks jlong1987.

To kruff10, I was able to do a PIO search, (which I know doesn't help you, but its info anyways...)

To everyone, I remember reading about people who had used the previous WEST disk torrent and saying that after a week or so their units said "inappropriate disk", (or something like that) .... does anyone know why this happened, (and will it happen to us?)

Does anyone know if this West was different then the torrent West disc that was floating around about 1 month ago?

Thanks again.

I have the original D1 and downloaded the west coast .rar files and extracted them into a ISO. I keep getting insert appropriate disc error.

I burned it using nero then alcohol 120% with book type (suggested on page 7) with no success. Funny thing is that it does recognized the DVD because it reads the backgrounds pictures from the new DVD but does not update.

I tried using the reset button, but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? I have 3 DL verbatim DVDs left.

Maybe you need to roll back to the 60 series?

CCF09302008_00000.jpg