AVIC411.com

Theme's by marmski

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I got all the icons done, but they dont show up on the unit..what's the correct format to save them?

the Icon size is 126x132, the resolution is 72 and the mode is bitmap. when I finished, I clicked save as, changed it from a psd to a bmp, overwrote the existing image file, and then made sure it was windows format and 32 bit. Where'd I go wrong? Thanks!

Maybe I'm wrong here, but when I did mine the size was 240 x 240 (for the three main icons anyways) and when I saved it as a bmp I saved it as a 24 bit and mine all work fine. Again, thats just what I've done...

Well this is a bit dumb but check the alpha chanel just remove it.

If u still dont get it i will take a few screen shots.

Check This out...

Well People, Here is Something I have Been Working On for a little bit here an there.

ID LIKE TO INTRODUCE:The beginnings of the KITT dash.

746_32K_MN-640_32b_push-1.jpg

To:

746_32K_MN-640_32b_push.jpg

Kitt Dash:

kr-original-kitt-dash.jpg

Soon:

season-1-dash-2004.jpg

This is still Beta and im no where near done, so im open to options from every one.

HackZ,

This is incredible looking! Are you using photoshop? How long does it take to create something like this? I am blown away! Thank you for posting pics, can't wait to see more!

infochia

The 3 main icons are 240x240 but the av source icons are 126x132 which is what i was editing. Well I read somewhere that 16 bit should be used and you get away with 24 so I'm guessing my problem is the 32 bit part lol. Thanks for the reply, I guess I gotta redo them all. Sick program btw, I'm getting the hang of it fast.

Well here's what I've done so far:

rotary-1.jpg

1st is functional, 2nd is when pressed, and 3rd is non-functional.

Tried to give the icons a metallic chrome like look.

746_32K_AV-712_32b.jpg746_32K_AV-713_32b.jpg746_32K_AV-717_32b.jpg

I took the gray background out and made the time bar metallic.

chrome.jpg

Next will be the 3 main icons, i'm just tyring to think of something creative to do. Will post more results.

EDITED TO ADD:

mainicons.jpg

A few people have asked me for an iPhone flavor...this is what I've got so far...

Top Menu (On-Screen)

iPhoneIconsOn-Screen.jpg

Top Menu Normal

iPhoneIconsNormal.jpg

Top Menu Pushed

iPhoneIconsPushed.jpg

EDIT TO SHOW:

AV Icons (On-Screen)

iPhoneIconsOn-Screen3.jpg

AV Icons Normal, Pushed, and No Use

iPhoneAVCollage.jpg

I am LOVING this and definitely want a copy when you are done if you do not mind... nice work! :D

HackZ,

This is incredible looking! Are you using photoshop? How long does it take to create something like this? I am blown away! Thank you for posting pics, can't wait to see more!

infochia

Thanks.... Yes I am usinf Photo Shop I love that program. These images dont really take me to long, just doing the research and putting it all together is what takes time. I just sit watch a movie and start Photo shopping. I will post more soon...

As for CatchMeIfYouCan631:

I am very happy to hear that Photo Shop is working out for you. Upload one of your Top Menue images "the .psd". and I can take a look at it and see if it is that Alfa thing I said.