AVIC411.com

Intresting Map Info?

I have been using the west coast disk released about a month ago. I looked up an address in Tennessee and it could not be found. (Tennessee is on both the West coast Disk and East Coast Disk) I just got the new East coast disk and that same address is on the East coast disk. So, for some reason they have different info. Probably because TN is in the East not the West but I find it interesting not all the addresses are on the west coast disk

I guess heyrobi was addressing his issue of using the correct disc for different states.

Your observation is correct, since Tennessee is adjacent to North Carolina(which is on east coast), I would definitely use the East Coast Disc for address searches in those states.

Maybe those with a west coast disk have never noticed TN is on the West Coast Disk and East coast disk. I have been using the West coast CD in TN for about a month. Most addresses are on it. It was just that one address I noticed was on the East but not West! (There is probably more) . Thanks to the map provided by HiFiSi why didn't they just stop in Oklahoma! If its not gonna be complete. This post was not intended to be a geography lesson or a Pioneer bash but just something I noticed!

Thats my point TN is on the West CD and East Cd but not all the addresses are on the West CD for TN. The only reason I was using the West Coast CD is because the East Disk was not available yet. This was just something I noticed not a debate or a challenge.

Maybe the division between east and west is the Central/Eastern time zone line with some overlap thrown in for convenience. Just based on a personal theory, but the eastern side of the US has many densely populated areas that are close together. Just look at the major cities along the I-95 corridor. From DC, it's 1 hour to Baltimore, 3 or 4 to Philly, and 6 to New York. And that’s just going north on 95. Now think about all the streets in those areas that might be needed by any one of us.

I use my east disc all the time. It has worked for all of my trips back home to Mississippi and all points in between, not to mention north and south of the DC Metro area. But it wouldn't surprise me to find that I needed the west disc for a trip to Kentucky, Tennessee, or some other state that the time line falls in.