AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got them working pretty good! There are a lot of little .bmp's in the "fastfood" icons [poi_brand_fast_food.bmp] for instance, Arby's, that don't show up...just the loaf of bread icon next to the location in the "find poi" map. Anyway, it must have to do with the coding in the "poi.icons" file. Lookie here:

[Restaurant.Fast_Food]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_mapclose.spr	31
poi_mapclose.spr	31

[Restaurant.Fast_Food.Burger_King]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand1.spr	48
poi_brand1.spr	48

[Restaurant.Fast_Food.McDonald_s]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand6.spr	11
poi_brand6.spr	11

[Restaurant.Other_Restaurant_Area.McDonald_s]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand6.spr	11
poi_brand6.spr	11

[Restaurant.Other_Restaurant_Area.Pizza_Hut]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand7.spr	34
poi_brand7.spr	34

..as a for instance. But I still am not sure haow it pulls the particular little .bmp image and associates it with the particular restaurant. I am hoping somebody with the "know how" can give me a quick tutorial on how this is don so the lines of code can be added to bring up all of the rest of the fast food joints, i.e; The ones that we have the images for in the bmp.

Thanx!

Bud

..as a for instance. But I still am not sure how it pulls the particular little .bmp image and associates it with the particular restaurant. I am hoping somebody with the "know how" can give me a quick tutorial on how this is don so the lines of code can be added to bring up all of the rest of the fast food joints, i.e; The ones that we have the images for in the bmp.

To have the icon show up in the Manage POI pages all you need to do is call out those specific icons from the Fast Food file.

For example if I wanted Arby's to show up just in the pages of pictures to choose myself but not actually branded. All I would need to do is call that .bmp out like this (now I'm assuming Arby's is the first picture in the poi_fast_food.bmp file)

[Arby's]

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_fast_food.spr 0 (this 0 represents the fact that Arby's is the first .bmp in the poi_fast_food.bmp file)

poi_fast_food.spr 0

If I wanted to have Arby's already branded like the Stores, Hotels, and Gas Stations the code would go like this

[Resturant.Fast_Food.Arby_s] (that's assuming its in the fast food category and not American or something else, not at my car right now)

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_fast_food.spr 0

poi_fast_food.spr 0

Hope this was the tutorial you needed to figure it all out.

That is what I was thinking but the problem I can see is the bmp order in the file does not correlate to the respective image. The "Mc Donalds" image is the fifth one down in the poi_brand_fast_food.bmp and the code in "poi.icons" file calls for 11 yet the icon is correct when I pull them up in the POI management screen.

Now I am somewhat confused but with your GREAT tutorial I should be able to cobble up something!

Thanx!

Bud

..also, some are in the poi file but they do not show up. The cod looks like this:

[Restaurant.Fast_Food.KFC]

$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_restaurant_rect.spr  02
poi_restaurant_rect.spr  02

$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand.spr	 19
poi_brand.spr	 19

[Restaurant.Fast_Food.Arbys]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_Fast_Food.spr  00
poi_brand_Fast_Food.spr	 00

[Restaurant.Fast_Food.Chic_Fil_a]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_Fast_Food.spr  02
poi_brand_Fast_Food.spr	 02

Even tho Arby's is there it does not display but the rest do. So maybe these are not branded yet?

Thanx,

Bud

That is what I was thinking but the problem I can see is the bmp order in the file does not correlate to the respective image. The "Mc Donalds" image is the fifth one down in the poi_brand_fast_food.bmp and the code in "poi.icons" file calls for 11 yet the icon is correct when I pull them up in the POI management screen.

Now I am somewhat confused but with your GREAT tutorial I should be able to cobble up something!

Thanx!

Bud

I am not allowed to use rapid share at work so I can't DL the Branding file right now. But what I am assuming is the McDonald's image being called out in the poi.icons file is not calling out the McDonald's bmp from the poi_brand_fast_food.bmp.

..also, some are in the poi file but they do not show up. The cod looks like this:

Even tho Arby's is there it does not display but the rest do. So maybe these are not branded yet?

Thanx,

Bud

For those click the edit button and see if they are in the pages of bmp's that are allowed to be used. Which would mean they are called out and trying to be used but the code just is not written properly for them to be Branded for that particular Restaurant.

Yea they just are not Branded properly. You can always just choose the picture for that particular Restaurant and be done with it, but it looks like you like them to be Branded. Which I don't blame you I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself.

Guys, again, if your using my file you should not be having this problem. Arbys does show in the images. Go to MANAGE POI, find Arbys in fast food, hit EDIT, hit the icon, scroll down to the second or third page and select the Arbys icon. I have all of the icons I added to the Branding file displayed.

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand.spr	 19
poi_brand.spr	 19

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

Thanx,

Bud

And from the looks of the above code, your not using my file.

[Restaurant.Fast_Food]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_mapclose.spr	31
poi_mapclose.spr	31

$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand1.spr	48
poi_brand1.spr	48

$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand6.spr	11
poi_brand6.spr	11

[Restaurant.Other_Restaurant_Area.McDonald_s]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand6.spr	11
poi_brand6.spr	11

[Restaurant.Other_Restaurant_Area.Pizza_Hut]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand7.spr	34
poi_brand7.spr	34

This all looks like code from the older Branding file, not the newest one.

This is what I have in my current file that I loaded in at lunch:

[Restaurant]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_mapclose.spr	31
poi_mapclose.spr	31

[Restaurant.Fast_Food]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_mapclose.spr	31
poi_mapclose.spr	31

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand.spr	 19
poi_brand.spr	 19

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand.spr	 99
poi_brand.spr	 99

[Restaurant.Fast_Food.Taco_Bell]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_Fast_Food.spr 06
poi_brand_Fast_Food.spr	 06

[Restaurant.Fast_Food.Wendys]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_Fast_Food.spr 07
poi_brand_Fast_Food.spr	 07

a bit different and I am getting thoe POI's to work. What a cluster-f**k! :(

I'll goof with it some more.

Seems like I was using WIN.RAR to extract the files to a folder but it kept overwriting them with the duplicates so I extracted EACH AND EVERY ONE of them separately and did it that way.

BETTER!

Thanx