AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..as a for instance. But I still am not sure how it pulls the particular little .bmp image and associates it with the particular restaurant. I am hoping somebody with the "know how" can give me a quick tutorial on how this is don so the lines of code can be added to bring up all of the rest of the fast food joints, i.e; The ones that we have the images for in the bmp.

To have the icon show up in the Manage POI pages all you need to do is call out those specific icons from the Fast Food file.

For example if I wanted Arby's to show up just in the pages of pictures to choose myself but not actually branded. All I would need to do is call that .bmp out like this (now I'm assuming Arby's is the first picture in the poi_fast_food.bmp file)

[Arby's]

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_fast_food.spr 0 (this 0 represents the fact that Arby's is the first .bmp in the poi_fast_food.bmp file)

poi_fast_food.spr 0

If I wanted to have Arby's already branded like the Stores, Hotels, and Gas Stations the code would go like this

[Resturant.Fast_Food.Arby_s] (that's assuming its in the fast food category and not American or something else, not at my car right now)

$poi_mapdistant.bmp

$poi_fast_food.spr 0

poi_fast_food.spr 0

Hope this was the tutorial you needed to figure it all out.

Nope..:( Did'nt work. No matter how much I manipulated the poi.icons file it still won't show any of my additions.

Tried it several ways but still comes up as the default. Oh well,

I get most POI's and I'm happy with it overall.

I'll revisit this aspect again in the future.

Thanx for the help!

Bud

I cleaned up all the double files in VBlue's posted file. It is knocked down to 2.3MB.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/Branding.zip

One day when I'm REALLY bored, I'll work on my poi.icons file to get all the restaurants to show properly. In the version in my data.zip, I subdivided the branded icons into 10 groups just to make it easier to count down from the top of each group, but it's still a ton of work to make all the entries match.

..yep, it is alot of work. I already spotted the duplicates in his latest rev of the branded icons. I have also added some icons to the fast food little .bmp's in the available blue boxes yet they wil not show up in the pOI edit screen. I even went and added an .spr and a .bmp file for motorcycle dealers and I went as far as to add the code with reference to the corresponding icon but yet it did not work.

I am stilll trying to figure this out and it is frustrating to say the least!

For instance:

BmpFlags = 0
DefFlags = ALPHA_PIXEL | ALPHA_LAYER
DefPhase = 1
Stripes = 32
DefAlpha = 22

This was in a file I named "poi_brand_motorcycle.spr"

and also I had a .bmp file of the same name with the icons in the appropriate size and it did not work.

For instance I had this in the "poi.icons" file:

[Car_Dealer_Repair.Motorcycle]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	6
poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	6

[Car_Dealer_Repair.Motorcycle.Harley_Davidson]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	00
poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	00

[Car_Dealer_Repair.Motorcycle.Honda]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	2
poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	2

[Car_Dealer_Repair.Motorcycle.Suzuki]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	3
poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	3

[Car_Dealer_Repair.Motorcycle.KTM]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	4
poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	4

[Car_Dealer_Repair.Motorcycle.Yamaha]
$poi_mapdistant.bmp
$poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	5
poi_brand_motorcycle.spr	5

But it did not even come up in both of the selections as well as even the icons to select from. I have 23 pages of icons now still no new ones show up.

I'll keep trying.

Thanx!

Bud

One very interesting thing I found. I had COMPLETELY removed the file "poi.icons" from the UI_Pioneer/ICONS/POI directory in "My Flash Disk" where all of these branded icons stuff resides and absolutely nothing was affected!. This is the file I had been playing with so I wanted to check my findings and I see nothing has changed even after deleting this file from the root! Also, I had changed all of the wording that was "centre" to "center" for us folks in the US of A and stilll when I go into the "Manage POI" screen the same default "centre" spelling is there. Is there some other default that this goes to?? I am stumped. I cannot find it and I have been scrolling through the files now for damn near a week and I cannot find this!

Thanx,

Bud

You know its funny how you keep having these problems with this file when the new file has been downloaded 166 times now without any other complaints. Other then the duplicate files, which were not a concern for me, THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THIS FILE. Maybe you should post your own file on your own thread.

Then I guess there is never a 100% quotient factor to anything. :wink:

I just work everything to the n'th degree in every facet of what I do as I never settle on mediocrity nor do I have any complacent blood running through my veins.

Don't get your thong in a twist, bro. I am just trying to get some resolution to MY situation to see if it was tied to THIS thread.

Guess not.

...Later

Then I guess there is never a 100% quotient factor to anything. :wink:

I just work everything to the n'th degree in every facet of what I do as I never settle on mediocrity nor do I have any complacent blood running through my veins.

Don't get your thong in a twist, bro. I am just trying to get some resolution to MY situation to see if it was tied to THIS thread.

Guess not.

...Later

I don't think it's tied to this thread. It seems like you are trying to change the AVIC POI files that are allowed to Brand and the Branding.zip file only makes .bmp's show up on AVIC POI files that they choose to allow us to Brand.

Guys, again, if your using my file you should not be having this problem. Arbys does show in the images. Go to MANAGE POI, find Arbys in fast food, hit EDIT, hit the icon, scroll down to the second or third page and select the Arbys icon. I have all of the icons I added to the Branding file displayed.

When I go to "manage poi" I don't see Fast Food listed. I see restaurants and when i click it there are no restaurant names, just categories like "american, chinese, etc...."

UPDATED TO INCLUDE RESTURANTS AND FAST FOOD :D:D:D

AND NO MORE RED DIAMOND ICON

Look Here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23742&p=161157&hilit=finally#p161157

Here is the link to the file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/224182266/Branding.zip :D:D:D

I downloaded and mine still shows the same piece of sh**...cough,cough...I mean bread symbolizing the restaurants as always. LOL.