AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never updated them. They are the maps that came with the units that have the 2.0 update already installed. I think the maps were dated 2007, but it could have been early 2008.

You apparently need the 2008.4 maps and the 2008.10 POI... go back 1 page in this thread theres a link to the downloads.

The 2008.4 maps and POI were also posted to the usenet last night in alt.binaries.boneless if thats a faster transfer for you than megaupload.

You apparently need the 2008.4 maps and the 2008.10 POI... go back 1 page in this thread theres a link to the downloads.

The 2008.4 maps and POI were also posted to the usenet last night in alt.binaries.boneless if thats a faster transfer for you than megaupload.

Thanks, I guess I missed that part. Doh! :oops:

You have to get into the .spr files for the associated .bmp's and change the alpha level. For instance, "ui_pioneer/common/POI_mapclose.spr" and it should say this:

BmpFlags = 0
DefFlags = ALPHA_PIXEL | ALPHA_LAYER
DefPhase = 1
Stripes = 30
DefAlpha = 20

Whereas the "DefAlpha=xx" is the number you want to change.

Mine are at 32 now and yours are probably something less..probably 20.

Increase the number and you decrease the transparency of the little icon.

Good luck!

Bud

I am getting an error now that I did not have before. When I go into the "Manage POI" screen and I start to scroll through the .bmps I get to about the third screen where most of the fast food bitmaps reside and I am getting an error that says:

"Failed To Open file:

$poi_Fast_Food.spr

exiting application"

I updated the Maps to 2008.4 recently and also the 2008.10 POIs which are supposed to be compatable..

I am confused now :oops:

Thanx for the help,

Bud