AVIC411.com

BBB and Filing Complaint against Pioneer

Hello,

So today, I filled a complaint with the BBB against Pioneer USA for selling products that don't work for as advertised. I know this will do nothing for me in getting me my money or anything...but if enough people complain maybe the BBB will do something to stop pioneer from selling crap to people and taking advantage. I paid over $800 for my avic and the thing doesn't work.. Someone need to take a stay and fight the man.

Also, I filed a complaint with pioneer themselves on the website telling them about my problems and the problems many people have been having on this site...

So what you think? Was this the right move!

you havent explained why or how you decided that you think theyre "scamming us" my f700 works like a champ

Have you read this forum??

Of course I have read this forum...but this forum has more threads about issues than solutions. Anyways, this forum shouldn't have to post on how to fix things that pioneer should have done right the first time around. To me that's pioneer not delievering on there product. The thing that really gets me is that I had a solid navi unit in my alpine W200 and that this my first and last pioneer product.

1. My screen freeze atleast once a day

2. VR mode in ipod takes 30mins or more to load. Then it doesn't work

3. There are no voice commands for iphone

4. The unit rejects the ipod once a day

5. Overall, the unit response slow as fu2k...You press a bottom and wait a day later for it register.

6. I'm sure I wrote more in my complaint....but I dont remember

Also, I mentioned there customer sucks because they haven't been able to help me in fixing anything, all they tell me is wait for an update . I'm of the belief if you spend money for something it should work. The avic's doesn't work and that really sucks because overall the visual quality of maps and everything else is great, but the performance of the units are terrible compared to the videos that are on the pioneer site...if my avic worked like the ones in the video and I would have called pioneer and gave props.

If your VR takes 30 minutes to load, you either have 200,000 songs on your ipod or you didn't do the firmware update. Mine has 7000 songs and only takes a few minutes

What version does your deck say if you go into the service info screen?

Well, The problems got so bad...I returned my 1st f90bt and I'm getting a new one....I hope that one has the newest software on it.

Ive had my F700BT for about a week or so. It is awesome. I use the iphone 3g with it, make calls, WATCH podcasts, play music, it has never disconnected. I even had the old firmware on it until last night. You must have had a defective unit... some have had random issues with the bluetooth or load times, but replacements usually did the trick.

I for one will not sign the class action, as i am pleased with the device. I came to this from a fully functional carputer and couldnt be happier.

Instead of the knee-jerk reaction, you should first troubleshoot the device and if it is not repairable, replace it. If it works for 98% of the people that use it, you should question the integrity of the unit. Every electronic device has duds, i replaced my iphone twice before i got one without problems, i go through motherboards and other devices like nothing. Eventually, you'll get one that works as advertised. Thats why there are warrantys.

Good Luck!

I use the iphone 3g with it,

So when you transfer your phonebook over, does it not give each contact a new entry like this

Joe Smith Joe Smith Joe Smith

Instead of Joe Smith

Home

Mobile

Work

Does your voice recognition work for dialing? Can you say

Dial Joe Smith

If you can, then please tell us how that works for you.

I have absolutely no problem using my iPhone 3G with my F900. Once you have transferred all of your contacts to the unit, you will have multiple contacts for a single contact name and they will seem indifferent when they are actually three different numbers as listed in your iPhones contact list.

The best way to voice dial a contact is to say:

"Call John Smith Mobile" or "Call John Smith Work"

The system will confirm the name and location and begin to dial. This works every time.

Incoming calls are different, however, since the unit does not recognize incoming contacts and will list the number instead of the name (unless you manually edit the units contact list). Quite annoying.