AVIC411.com

LeetLauncher v3.0!!!

Had the unit reboot on me this morning, I'll try to be as accurate as possible as what I did.

I loaded up 7 albums last night, got all the cover art stuff situated and it all worked fine this morning. I turned the unit on, loaded up default IGO GPS and then messed around trying to get an album to play after selecting the songs and trying to press OK. Finally the song loaded and off we go. About 3 miles down the road I started to mess with equalizer in core player, I defaulted the settings to all in the middle and then started adjusting them. Once I had them adjusted I went back to the core player to listen to the song and about 30 seconds later the Avic unit rebooted.

The one change I'd like to see is when you in the media area looking at albums to play, when you press play just start playing the album right there. Don't jump to core player and select songs. Or at least give an option to do that.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Leet!

v3.0 is working well for me other than the following issues:

1- Can't automatically determine my time zone via GPS (I don't think it ever could) and I have to correct it everytime I turn the car on.

2- I think somebody already mentioned, but the core player needs to have folders/songs opened each time it's started back up.

3 - I use AV1 input often for my zune. Is there anyway to incorporate this into LeetLauncher?

I believe I've found the answer to my first question,

you have to do the following changes to the sys.txt (path: /Program Files/iGO8/):

add these lines:

[timezone]

sync_os_timezone=0

reset_os_timezone=0

The big question for me is still whether or not there is a way to use the AV1 input with my zune.

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have the option of having play-list as I listen to a lot of live recordings that there is no cover flow for. Just a simple way to create play list on the computer and load them into the SD card would be nice. And some of the buttons are really small and they are really hard to press on.

Also if some one can tell me how to put a cover flow and link them to a set of music of my own choice, then I might consider doing this rather than making play list.

Oh and one more thing, a fast forward option to skim through a song would be nice too. :)

But other than that, LeetLauncher is a thing to be appreciated for. Thanks for the Launcher Leet.

I've just tried version 3.0 on my F900Bt european version (firmware 2.00100), getting the following problems, but I guess some of them are my fault that I just don't know how to do it correctly (gps).

1. it loaded smoothly. The beep while touching the screen were very very very loud!

2. my phone (palm treo pro) was not working. Went back to avic my phone was no longer listed as bt phone device. I had to re-do the bt search and connection.

3. tried a second time: this time bt connected to my phone, I could see my contacts, etc... and it did work.

4. map button to switch to gps: not working! I had to go to applications to get to gps programs.

5. tried to play a song: no audio! but it looked like it was silently playing! The unit did have sound though, as mentioned I made a phone call.

6. gps were not working but here I think I'm missing something! I put igo 8.3.2 western europe map in the sd card, same level of test mode, igo, etc.. and I got the message "map not found". The message was in italian so I guess in english it would that!

7. Tomtom map (originals which I have on my smartphone palm treopro) could not load: map were not activated! But I can't figure out where to activate them. I have the code taken from my ttnavigator.bif file at the deviceID line but where do I put it???

8. did not try garmin, I do not have maps!

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have the option of having play-list as I listen to a lot of live recordings that there is no cover flow for. Just a simple way to create play list on the computer and load them into the SD card would be nice. And some of the buttons are really small and they are really hard to press on.

Also if some one can tell me how to put a cover flow and link them to a set of music of my own choice, then I might consider doing this rather than making play list.

I have a feeling Leet is going to include more options for this in later releases. He hints at it in the settings tab.

As for the Cover Flow layout, just open his library.xml in notepad and change his entries to your own. You'll need to add the corresponding music and album art of course but it's not too difficult. Just time consuming. But like I said I think this will be easier during a later release.

Leet,

I updated the sys.txt file in igo8 and it seems to have corrected the timezone issue there, but in the launcher it resets to 12:00am now every time.. not a big deal but still a bug.

Thank you everyone for testing the launcher. Sorry I might not be able to get back to most of your questions and feedback, but I will be reading them and continue to fix them on future releases. My goal is to get everything integrated and not leave any features out that you can originally run on the stock Pioneer deck. This is still in beta so expect to have alot of bugs.

Thanks for the update Leet!

Here are some more:

1. Bluetooth phone works, can't access contacts and there is no way to hang up the phone

2. I think this has been reported, settings don't save for core player

3. Instead of selecting songs, select play just starts playing album.

4. If possible way to mute music when GPS instructions are played

5. A way to select all albums or play all and a way to shuffle would be good

Update, another issue, go to applications and open up windows explorer, that puts you into Wince. However you can't get out, or at least I could not figure it out and the taskbar sat above the leetlauncher program until I shut it down and restarted

Do you need LEET launcher to run iGO software?

I want to load the 2008.10 maps but i need iGO correct?

Leet software seems really cool but i dont really want to deal with bugs right now.

first off, our unit runs igo,

second, if you want to update your map to 2008.1 or 2008.4 search for 2007.07 in the hacks thread

Do you need LEET launcher to run iGO software?

I want to load the 2008.10 maps but i need iGO correct?

Leet software seems really cool but i dont really want to deal with bugs right now.

Leetlauncher runs iGO8.3.2 and our avics run iGO8.0 from the factory. You can upgrade your pioneer maps as long as they are for the iGO8.0 software. There are other steps involved but search and you'll find what you need.

(It was just explained to me earlier today)