AVIC411.com

LeetLauncher v3.0!!!

For everyone that is having a hard time with the coverflow, I will be providing a software that allow you to manages this later. But in the meantime you will have to know how to modify .xml files to get it working. And also yes like dpdurst post above, It should accept folder path (the album) as well as well as any file format, that coreplayer can play. This includes (mp3,avi,m3u,mpg,etc ....)

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Leet,

I tried to make a path from the coverflow in coreplayer to a folder on my usb drive but didnt have any success. I ended up getting an error message along with a reboot. Is this possible to do?

example of what i tried:

\USB Disk\savingabel

savingabel is the folder to your album?

Lets say i have a folder LinkinPark cd...

\USB Disk\LinkinPark\

------> track1.mp3

------> track2.mp3

------> so on.......

you do this

\USB Disk\linkinpark

make sure you create the xml correctly that means it include as well

Sorry for the complication, I will try to make it easier on next release.

Hey Leet,

I tried to make a path from the coverflow in coreplayer to a folder on my usb drive but didnt have any success. I ended up getting an error message along with a reboot. Is this possible to do?

example of what i tried:

\USB Disk\savingabel

\USB Disk\LinkinPark\

------> track1.mp3

------> track2.mp3

------> so on.......

you do this

\USB Disk\linkinpark

Not complicated. Once you get the hang of it, its pretty easy. I tried what you just described above and it didnt work. My main thing sd the coreplayer saving setting for the EQ or being able to use the pioneer EQ. Coreplayer doesnt sound as good as the pioneer did.

Hey Leet,

example of what i tried:

\USB Disk\savingabel

\USB Disk\LinkinPark\

------> track1.mp3

------> track2.mp3

------> so on.......

you do this

\USB Disk\linkinpark

Not complicated. Once you get the hang of it, its pretty easy. I tried what you just described above and it didnt work. My main thing sd the coreplayer saving setting for the EQ or being able to use the pioneer EQ. Coreplayer doesnt sound as good as the pioneer did.

The problem with the eq not being saved lies within the coreplayer not saving the settings if you dont exit the player. When you turn off your car while the coreplayer is still playing, all settings will not be saved because the coreplayer does not exit. I need to look into an alternative solution for this.

So in order for you to save the eq settings and not lose it on reboot is to exit the coreplayer once you save the eq settings.

The problem with the eq not being saved lies within the coreplayer not saving the settings if you dont exit the player. When you turn off your car while the coreplayer is still playing, all settings will not be saved because the coreplayer does not exit. I need to look into an alternative solution for this.

So in order for you to save the eq settings and not lose it on reboot is to exit the coreplayer once you save the eq settings.

Good call. Thank you. What about the usb thing? Are u using coverflow linked to songs on your usb disk? When is the next update expected? Just curious, I'm not trying to rush you. Lol

If you don't find a solution why not pop up a box that explains to save setting for core player you must exit after making changes? I would think that one time wouldn't be too bad. however if constantly changing settings that could be a pain. Thanks for your work on this..

This doesn't work. The volume stays at 75 when changed in the settings. And the EQ doesn't show my settings even after saving and exiting the coreplayer. The setting is saved in the coreplayers config file, but doesn't show up in the coreplayer menu, nor is it used. That is not a big problem, but the volume is to loud, so most of the mp3 sound distorted, even at low volume from the pioneer. Once you put the volume of coreplayer at +/- 55 the sound is OK at all volumes on the pioneer. Even changing the settings in the coreplayer settings file doesn't help :(

I'm looking out for a solution, keep you updated

Strange, I just set the EQ where i wanted stuff, set for shuffle mode and exit out of core player, started another album and all settings are where I set them. I shut the car off and back on and tested again, all settings stayed. Worked fine for me..

Hey Leet. I have steering wheel control in my car. I just downloaded the zip, got it to work(freaking love it)but I cannot control the volume with the sterring wheel. Not sure if you are going to try and work on that, but that would be very bad A$$ if it did work. thanks.

Leet,

Great effort. I am very thankful for the time and energy put into making this unit better. The only reason i chose avic was because of your hack. I hope you get satisfaction from knowing that you are making lives of people who own avic units better. =)

With that said, here are my impressions so far. These comments are in comparison to the 2.05 launcher and not the stock avic firmware.

pros:

1. Looks amazing.!!!!!! I believe the perfect skin was choosen in this case. It looks beautiful and the design of the menus is perfect. Major win over any other gps unit i have seen

2. Better integration with GPS. On the 2.05 launcher, the unit would crash and reboot sometimes when i tried to load the igo software. With full integration now, the unit boots with the igo 8 ready to go and that is perfect.

3. Feels like bootup is faster. I have no numbers to back that up but it feels that way.

Cons:

1. Seems like the new 3.0 launcher does not interfaces with peripherals. I cannot use the controls in my steering wheel and i cannot use ipod. I was able to pair my phone through bluetooth but did not test it with an actual call.

Unfortunately, i use the ipod/steering wheel a lot more than the gps. I am forced to go back to using stock firmware because of that.

Even though i am not using it at the moment, I love the direction that the launcher is going and firmly believe that it is the solution to go with. Once i get my paycheck, i will send you some money so you can buy beer. =)

Keep up the good work.

Leet, Found something that seems to make the program really slow down.

1. rather than have a bunch of folders with different albums, I removed it all and created one folder only and put 400 different songs in there. Since core player is saving settings I turned on shuffle. It all works great however changing between the GPS and coreplayer screen while music is playing really slows down the program. So much that it takes a good 30 seconds sometimes to change between screens. Just wanted to mention that to you. Now if you could shuffle actual albums that would work good, since it seems having 12 albums caused no slow down and then I could shuffle albums through the launcher and songs in coreplayer

David

How do you get full sound using the F500BT, the method outlined in the first post does not work with F500BT.

I think (don't know a lot about the 500) the problem your going to have is that there is no radio with the 500 (am/fm/sat)? So you can't boot up and hear any audio because of that. This is key as when the audio starts you insert the SD disk and as soon as it recognized you turn off the unit and back on.

The best you could most likely do if you want to run IGO 8.3 software is to use LeetLauncher 2.0 but then you won't have any music unless you have Ipod. If I'm wrong I'll be corrected.

Has anyone else gotten the "LoadLanguages init failed" error when trying to load up iGo from LeetLauncher 3.0?

edit: Looks like the reason this was happening is because the LeetLauncher 3.0 zip is set up with a sys.txt that points at a language file it doesn't ship with. You can either fix the sys.txt, or just grab the file from

APL2\iGo\CONTENT\LANG\Lang_English-us.zip

I'm getting this same issue, can you explain exactly what to change in the file? the sys.txt file all has links in it pointing to "MYFLASHDISK" and i want to make shure that i'm putting the right codeing in there to make it work right.