AVIC411.com

Cycle through preset stations using Multi Control???

Hello,

I noticed that under map mode and other screens, pressing the multi control wheel left and right only changes the FM/AM radio frequencies. Is there a way to cycle through my preset radio stations rather than always having the press the multi control several times to get to the station im looking for?

Without full info on your situation I'm just posting this in case you're not familiar with the following yet.

Within FM mode, you can have a single frequency screen, or a screen with the presets listed.

You touch the "Presets" button to get to the list screen.

I know you said from the map mode, but you said other screens as well. Have you checked out the presets screen yet? Once there, it's pretty easy to toggle back and forth between source and map.

thanks for the reply, but im concerned about the Multi Control wheel controls.

For example, im in map mode and have FM radio playing in the background. I want to change to my next "preset" station but pressing the multi control left and right moves to the next frequency, not preset.

In other words, if im on station 102.7 and want to get to 106.7, i have to press right on the multi control about 15 times to get there.

I know i can just press "FM" and change my presets and switch back to map mode, but i would like to know if there is a way to directly control my presets using the multi control.

hope that explains a little more. Thanks!

The answer is no for now, this may be addressed in a future update if we ever get one. Apparently thats one of the long time features Pioneer has always had that they decided to leave out or it is suppose to be there and is currently yet another bug in the system. We will have to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys talking about using a wired remote/steering wheel interface? I'm using the SWI-PS and cannot get the Preset Up/Down to work. I know i programmed it right because the SWI lights up when i press the button on my steering wheel, but the radio doesn't do anything. Everything else (Volume Up/Down, Mute, Seek Up/Down, Source) works fine.

XM works fine with the pac steering wheel controls, that is 1 channel up/down, no present channel up/down using it. I never tried it though with fm/am etc.

The song forward/back does NOT work at all with ipod/iphone. This did work at some point and now it rarely works, if at all. So I am not sure what the deal is.

it is a bummer no preset channel on xm works with the f series. You have to hit hte preset button on the display, which is distracting considering its on the far right.

• 3 weeks later...
Are you guys talking about using a wired remote/steering wheel interface? I'm using the SWI-PS and cannot get the Preset Up/Down to work. I know i programmed it right because the SWI lights up when i press the button on my steering wheel, but the radio doesn't do anything. Everything else (Volume Up/Down, Mute, Seek Up/Down, Source) works fine.

Yeah I have SWI-PS as well and from what I understand it WILL NOT go to the next preset only the next station. To me unless this goes to the next preset it is totally useless control. At least MODE and VOLUME work.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah. So the only reason to get a steering wheel button interface would be for volume and tune/seek?

But:

it won't work to control iPod (other than volume)

What commands on the steering wheel work, and is this all from trying it or does Pioneer release any information on what wired remotes can control?