AVIC411.com

Is Pioneer's Map Update Overpriced?

Guest astrobill

Alpine's updates for the Blackbird nav system, directly form their web site:

Apline PVD-B102 Software Update DVD Version 2.0 For Blackbird

U.S. $70.00

That is a portable navigation unit. How much is the update for one of the major manufacturer's IN DASH navigation units like the D3? You cannot compare apples to oranges and then bring logic into the conversation.

axxman: DAMMIT....stop sending me private messages on here asking for gay sex...sorry, but I'm not gay. Maybe you should try HiFi??

Seriously....the IM's have to stop...

;o)

that is not me, that is your manager friend at teleatlas. wow you are so clever.

He probably has some more map update information he wants to give you, but it requires a local connection. I guess you do know more than anyone about this stuff and I think I know how you got it. oh well, at least you have made a friend.

Guest astrobill

Question repeats:

If you all think the updates are so cheap, why is everyone on this site apparently downloading illegal images of the update disks and making and selling copies? Either you are all correct, and it's cheap, and you should all buy legal copies at $120 a shot from Pioneer...OR....you should all admit these are too expensive and then continue making your illegal pirated copies.

Flame all you want, but I have yet to see anyone answer this very simple question.

No matter what the price, if people can get something for free, why not? The updates could be $20 or $500, doesn't matter if you can obtain it free.

You haven't answered my question yet, why do you fight and argue with people on here, pioneer and teleatlas when you don't own a Pioneer Avic deck? What does it matter so much to you?

I'm getting the impression you really do not have no life and just like to find drama on the internet, or you are a complete liar and did not sell your D3 last spring.

For those curious, just search all posts here on Astrobill, they are all the same trolling.

By the way, here are the manufacturers you conveinently left out, actual indash nav systems:

Eclipse $329 (dvd upgrade)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ua1cizyh1Y ... =099MDV78D

Kenwood $69.99 (direct from garmin, download)

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=15528

JVC $99.99 (download directly from teleatlas)

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERS ... EbYmNyzI.d

I couldn't find anything on Jensen/Audiovox.

Imagine the situation here in Greece, where pioneer's cndv-800hd upgrade dvd for either the AVIC-HD1BT or AVIC-HD3BT came out 4 days ago at THE ridiculous price of 250 euros (~185 usd).

Well, there is an online shop in Holland that sells it for 209 euros.

Anyway, if I only had the possibilty to buy from Garret the updated HDD, both for security reasons and updated maps. But , I guess he's only dealing with maps in the States and Canada and not the European version.

answer, none of your business. simple question simple answer.

hey astrobill, I just spoke to your buddy at teleatlas, he told me he just gave you that answer so you would stop calling him.

the question repeats,

why does a (derogetory name here) who doesnt even own a d3 care?

are you the dvd police? you win, some people are downloading and burning this because they dont want to spend 120 bucks.

now answer the simple question, why dont you have a life? take your time.

title of the Post "Are Pioneers discs overpriced?" ok back to your lack of logic.

ask 10 people the same question, you could get 2 answers, YES or NO. depending on the individuals point of view. it is a subjective question and you will get subjective answers depending on who you ask. I am starting a new thread.

Does astrobill have no life since he got rid of his D3 or was he that way all along, your opinion matters.

• 5 months later...

I have sucessfully updated a HD1BT to HD3-II HD3-2 firmware software. I bought a HD3-II and a HD1BT and followed the instructions on this forum for Z1 - Z3 upgrade. I used a Toshiba MK6034GAX 60GB disk with enlarged music partition. Will try Toshiba MK8032GAX 80GB disk soon (1-2 weeks).