AVIC411.com

Ford Truck F900B??

I was looking into the 900B at Best Buy recently. I drive a 2005 Ford F-250 Harley Edition (4 Door).

I was told by the salesman after he called their installer that although their computer said it was compatible, that the mounting (not size) on the unit would not work in my dash.

Has anyone heard this? Talking to another shop, an installer dismissed this as rediculous.

Any help would be appreciated.

You just need a kit to accomodate a double din deck. I would suggest calling around install shops, even other BB, and find an installer with confidence. The kit is a Metra 99-5815.

You can get a good installer or a bad one no matter what company you go with.

Circuit City is rumored to have recently let alot of good people go, so I would be leary of them.

yeah you can fit that radio in there. must have been a new installer. i work at bb and we carry the double din kit as well as the harness that will work with the audiophine system. so your underseat sub will still work. i would find a different installer, if he isnt confident about working on an f150, i wouldnt let him even look at it. f150s are some of the easiest trucks to work on.

I know there has to be some good installers working at Best Buy...but I've yet to find a single one. They even told me you had to totally rewire the car to put an aftermarket head unit in a JBL equipped Explorer. When I showed him the Metra adapter that fit the application, he said that was wrong and wouldn't work. Of course, it's working just fine to this day.

Crutchfield's folks may say something won't fit, but if you talk to them in person, they will tell you that's what their database says, but in truth something may fit just fine. At least they're honest about it.

Circuit City is rumored to have recently let alot of good people go, so I would be leary of them.

Circuit City let go of some employees in general, it had nothing to do with car installations. I work at Circuit City (3yrs) and just started in mobile there we have 10x better installers then big blue down the street. I've called over there for kits before and half the time they have no idea what i'm talking about or say it cant be done. Installers will vary on a store to store basis so I doubt that one chain over another will have better installers. Shop around and talk to the installers (not just salespeople) and make your own choice.