AVIC411.com

Compass Replacement

Post up a little how-to with some line additions and deletions and I'll add this to the FAQ.

Skicrave, I don't really know how the compass mod works. All credit goes to Stephanie. What I did was take the Sci Fi theme that Stephanie made (scroll down on link)

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ht=#117339

and with her help deleted out things and custom added things by changing the map colors and photo shopping the bmp files. In the Sci Fi theme the compass is already in place, as seen here.

SDC10033-1.jpg

Again I don't know how she did it, all I did was make me a custom compass (file that I posted above), renamed it to steph_compass.bmp and copied it over the old compass pic thats in the ui_pioneer\800_480 in the Steph Data.zip I have had some other members who use the Sci Fi theme and had PM'd me requested for a nicer looking one, so I posted the file. I'm still working on my custom theme but I will post up all the files when I am done. :wink:

Alot of the help Stephanie gave me is here.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... &start=240

is there any way to get the compas to display in degrees instead of cardinals? Also would like to know how to get the altitude/elevation displayed. I'm really new at this; just got my f90bt the other day and have already updated to firmware v. 2.00 and done the software override for dvd viewing. Beyond that, I'm still an idiot. noticed a post in the thread that gave simple code for doing this, but how will i know what it looks like before uploding it to my hu? which bmp's to use?

bchurch- Spend some time searching on the site and reading through the completed modifications thread. We haven't found a way to display the compass in degrees yet, that information isn't available within the F-Series firmware.

Altitude can be displayed, and has been covered before.

If one really wants to have a degree layout, you could use linear compass bitmap (like the one in screenshots here) with degrees painted on the bitmap itself. There's at least one skin (Choup) that does that)...

Simple code to make the compass work

;compass	

Just change the bmp to what ever name and mask and change the x and y.

What ever compass you use is must be "N - ne - E - se - S - sw - W - nw" order for our Navi to display it properly.

where do you put the actual code

what do you mean by "name and mask"

• 4 weeks later...