AVIC411.com

Next update request, Dear Pioneer please add:

1) Startup order after reboot, say if SD played last, make it start first and continue the last song. If that's impossible, at least play radio or CD so that we don't have to wait 90 seconds to be able to hear music. Preferably, leave the choice up to the user.

2) Don't totally mute the music when giving Navi voice commands. Attenuate it, again leave the choice up to the user. Edit: I think it may already be there, page 144 of the manual, I'll have to test that out.

3) Allow us to have something other than black as the background for A/V source playback. I'd rather have a nice red or blue background than just a greyish/black background with white letters.

4) Finally, please allow us to be able to change the system settings without the parking brake having to be engaged. I know, this last one may be a stretch, but the top 3 should be a piece of cake to implement.

Thanks in advance, your satisfied customer.

1) Startup order after reboot, say if SD played last, make it start first and continue the last song. If that's impossible, at least play radio or CD so that we don't have to wait 90 seconds to be able to hear music. Preferably, leave the choice up to the user.

My Sirius/CD/FM (whichever was playing before the car was turned off) starts playing about 7 seconds after the unit turns on; yours doesn't?

4) Finally, please allow us to be able to change the system settings without the parking brake having to be engaged. I know, this last one may be a stretch, but the top 3 should be a piece of cake to implement.

See the "Hardware Bypass" in the hacks forum. Pioneer has designed the parking brake check for their liability and for your safety, but also left us a way to get around it.

Just like you can select what routing formation you'd like to show "at the bottom left" while routing. (I.e. speed limit, time ETA, distance, etc...)

Well, It would awesome if the user could select what icons they'd like to display on the right side while simply in navigation mode. (I.e GPS signal strength, details, suspend route, 2D/3D, etc...)

Simple a more customizable User Interface.

Add this to the top of the list!

3) Allow us to have something other than black as the background for A/V source playback. I'd rather have a nice red or blue background than just a greyish/black background with white letters.

it can be done. just edit IMAGE.RES ... it's not too hard, just take the time to try and figure it out. i could possibly do it for you, for a small frustration fee. call me a jerk, but its a pretty long job.

You might as well ask for everything, here is my list:

1). Brand Icons for POIs (Mcdonalds logo...)

2). When you click on a POI icon, the system tells you what it is and offers you a route to it

3). Heading Up in 2D

4). The ability to zoom back further in 3D

5). The ability to manually add a Contact to the BT Contact list

6). The ability to use the dial pad while on a BT call

7). The ability to use the Nav while on a BT call

8). HD Radio Frequencies listed in the presets

1- Be able to mute the guidance voice from the map screen. (Without hacking the unit)

2- Be able to cancel a rout from the map screen. (without hacking the unit)

3- Make the clock easier to see on the map screen. That green is almost invisible during the day.

4- Put a button to MSN direct on the map screen.

xtreme:

visualizations would be really cool...

+1

I think so too, but I dont see it happening with their stance on moving pictures while the car is in motion. I imagine we will see a mod here on these boards before anything else. If we could just get Media Player for CE up and running... :wink:

The unit is extremely cool, I think that Pioneer needs to add a front end for PC's to allow more customization and maybe allow use of third party apps. hell, if they did that, they could charge developers to publish apps for their unit. I'd be up for paying for add-on, useful apps. Lets face it, this unit is a compact mobile PC and has far greater usefulness then Pioneer displays with their front end.

If one decent coder digs into this unit, I imagine they could create their own front end and open up endless possibilities.

Regarding dancing equalizers and other visualizations, has that been deemed illegal in the last decade or somethign? I remember there were dancing dolphins on one model say 10 years ago. I haven't been into the car stereo scene until I got the new F/D series.

It would be very cool to have a windows media player or other cool visualization for it.

I guess there is a reason for it, too distracting. Maybe a liability or something.

The built in nav's from say toyota allow you to input addresses etc through voice, granted it would be faster to just do it yourself.

It will be interesting what they add in the new series. Whenever that may be.

Safe to say no added features maybe go so far as to assume no additional updates either. Considering the call volume to the customer service will prob drop 90 percent thanks to the 2.0 update.

We can have a wish though right.