AVIC411.com

XM and Sirius ?! hmm

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there's no reason to hold off. CEO of Sirius XM said that a combined platform of broadcasting for them is about 15 years off, and on top of that the XM satellites are newer and will be getting more use. You can not go wrong either way. Just, look at http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRWebSite/, it says right there that they will be merging all the music lineup for both so it will not matter what hardware you have for music, it will be the same channels either way. So you might as well buy the XM tuner as it can do 3 lines of info at once as well as channel icons.

If that's the case then why didn't somebody put an end to the other Sirius display thread. If this is the fix to the crap Sirius display problem then it's great! Deal done, problem over! I do have a home Sirius unit though so would I have to pay 12.99 for XM and then 12.99 for Sirius?

If you to to http//:www.myradiostore.us I bought my 920 there for $79.99 last week.

As far as the two systems, this is an age old arguement. But it is a very simple choice. XM!

The audio codec that Sirius uses SUCKS! It is the same that is used in HD Radio made by iBiquity Digital. It slurs highs and my ears can't stand it.

Also Sirius uses an elipitical orbit for their sats and the coverage is horrible. Drops out in clear blue skys for no reason.

XM uses AAC Plus and is much better in the audio department. Also XM uses two high powered geosync sats that cover all of North America very nicely. Very seldom do I experience drop out.

Just some food for thought.

Can you guys answer a question for me.

My installer put in XM and I have not activted XM yet.

There is no sound coming out put I see the channel. :cry:

Should you still be able to listen to the Emergency Band Etc with sound even though you haven't activated XM for your account to get all the stations????

Can you guys answer a question for me.

My installer put in XM and I have not activted XM yet.

There is no sound coming out put I see the channel. :cry:

Should you still be able to listen to the Emergency Band Etc with sound even though you haven't activated XM for your account to get all the stations????

I had this problem. Move the IP Bus cable from IN to OUT on the XM Interface (or OUT to IN).. its backwards ;)

can you get best of xm on your sirius

Yes......Just wait though....the linups will be merging in a month or so....

Looks like all the music channels have merged as of today. The only differences between XM and Sirius now are the talk and sports offerings. I never listen to anything but music so I just ordered the XM box to replace my Sirius setup. The XM display is much nicer on the F90BT