AVIC411.com

How To: Quick Lauch Buttons and other mods....

so i just tried the mod to get the quick launch with the hidden buttons and it didnt work for me.

i followed all the steps when i load it into my Avic i see an outline for a button on the screen when i touch the outline the screen gave me an error saying something like "Fail to open icon_bg1_ghost" maybe i did something wrong!

so i even tried the 5 Button Quick Launch and still getting that same error "Fail to Open icon_bg1_ghost.bmp Exiting Application" the only one that works for me is the 10 Button Quick Launch

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i even tried the 5 Button Quick Launch and still getting that same error "Fail to Open icon_bg1_ghost.bmp Exiting Application" the only one that works for me is the 10 Button Quick Launch

Make sure you upload the .bmp file in the zip and not the actual zip file, and that .bmp goes in the 800_480 folder. If it is looking for the image it makes me think you have the code right but not the image.

WaveyKat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:32 am Post subject:

ok i will retry when i get home later this afternoon! thanks guys

ok i had a questions is it possible to make the Blue Background of the Quick Launch Buttons Transparent so will only see the icons and not the blue background?

Yes it is possible and very easy, the blue is somewhat transparent now, all you have to do is change the alpha channel in the .bmp

Once you learn to use the alpha channel in photoshop (or similar graphics editor) you will have a lot of fun with this thing.

Just a quick update, I took Kevin's data.zip, moved the stop nav and the voice mute a column to the left of the Compass column. Showing the Quick Launch works great. But now is there a way to set the 5th button on the quick launch to hide that bar?

All in all, I'm very happy now with how things are looking. All I need to do is replace the arrows and the 3dcar with the arrows I made.