AVIC411.com

How To: Quick Lauch Buttons and other mods....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Keeper,

I'm using your zip and looks great but I have a couple problems I'd like to figure out.

1.) My arrow has dissapeared after uploading your files. :(

(edit: oops, read back in the thread a bit and found this fix)

2.) My map is perma zoomed out and auto zoom is not working.

Can you (or anyone) help me out with this?

Thanks, and awesome work on the ui mod. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Alright now I am having some trouble getting it working on the avic. Everything works fine untill I hit the map button then the unit just keeps rebooting. I noticed there were other files besides the data.zip do I need to do anything with those. I just copied your data.zip file to my sd card then replaced the data.zip file on the avic with yours, is this the right way to do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

yea you need all the files... copy them all to the same DIR!

This is from Pg 2, I've read this post over and over and still have this same problem, with all the Data.zip posted so it must be something I'm doing wrong. What other files do I need to copy??? I've seen the SYS file mentioned here somewere, is it a modified SYS???? where do I get it???? sorry if this are all dumb questions I really want to get this mod working on my 700BT. Help will be apreciated.

O sorry about that windows error, I will get rid of that. I removed someone else's mod from earlier that showed longitude and latitude when you press the current street. I never used it...

But I forgot to get rid of the button's action. It is a quick fix and I will repost the data file when I do it.

What do we need to add if we want the LAT/LONG to show?

Add this:

run 'MSC_Lat.x 200, MSC_Long.x 200'

run 'MSC_Lat.x 1200, MSC_Long.x 1200'

add this to "scripts_800_480.ui" file

Plus you'll need to add this to your navigatemap800_480 file. You''ll need to adjust the "Y" position to your liking though.

and add the onrelease part of this script to the button bmp

• 2 months later...

Okay, I did this mod and I am getting an FFUI Error box when I touch the house numbers.

It reads" Unknown Object Identifier [uI_housenumbers] script (unamed) command 4" . Also, in the lower left selectable boxes, if I change one of them to "speed" it reads Km/hr but a couple of screens back and forth and goofing with it it will come back as MPH.

What is this and how do I correct them??

Thanx,

Bud