AVIC411.com

How To: Quick Lauch Buttons and other mods....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another favor to ask, I would like to press the compass and have the itinerary pop up. I cannot figure out how to do it. Can you post "find" and "replace" code so this can work?? Thanks in advance!

Also, how can I keep the buttons showing, I do not want the hide option.

See the instructions for the "Compass/Detour Mod" in this thread (it's the 3rd or 4th post):

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19864

I did look at this, but with the data.zip file from keeper, I do not see that line, as he put in a custom compass (which rocks!!)

O.K., but you should easily be able to add this function to Keeper's compass as well. Looking at his modified compass, this should be pretty easy. Just replace his code with the following:

;compass 

That may be overkill (you might only have to add the alternative commands to the first sprite), but it shouldn't hurt anything to do it to all 3 and better safe than sorry, I guess.

Let us know how it turns out.

--Mav

EDITED TO REVISE CODE TO CODE THAT JNEILON HAS CONFIRMED WORKS WITH LINEAR COMPASS.

I have been working on modifying keeper's data.zip to my liking. What do you guys think? I've restored most of the fonts and sizes so the menus are not affected and polished most of the background images.

I am am almost done with the road sign "look". Does anyone know where the bmp is for the lane assist arrows? I'm talking about the ones that pop up on a highway that show you what lane to be in on a multi lane highway.

Comments/help is appreciated!

~Jason

Looks good. Could you post the revised code and bmps used or your data.zip (so I can take out the code and the bmps)? Thanks!

--Mav

Has anyone been having any touchscreen button response issues since making these changes?

My touchscreen will not work until I hit the map key. (almost like it resets the touchscreen) I have to do this whenever I want to change anything via the touchscreen.........

900BT, only other mod is the software bypass.

First, thanks to everyone and all the mods here. I just got the 700bt a couple of weeks ago, found this site right away and have implemented many mods. Thanks again.

Yesterday I implemented Keeper's zip file and everything I have tried seems to be working fine. But, I have a question about that little picture of a mountain at the top of the screen. Next to it is "1.1". I have no idea what that is, and the 1.1 never changes. Or was this on there before and I never noticed it?

I tried searching for that but don't see it anywhere. Thanks.

Andy

Ok, I just thought that the little mntn is probably the elevation....

It is.... and it's 1.1 miles.... so it won't change often

As Maverickster discovered, if you change the setting for this text to gps.elevation it will display in feet (and change more often)...

Ok, I just thought that the little mntn is probably the elevation....

It is.... and it's 1.1 miles.... so it won't change often

As Maverickster discovered, if you change the setting for this text to gps.elevation it will display in feet (and change more often)...

Thanks for the thought, but not my "discovery":

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19965