AVIC411.com

How To: Quick Lauch Buttons and other mods....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing.......does anyone else have a problem with the "tilt" feature on the 3D screen after doing this mod? Mine doesn't seem to respond at all.

sorry I took so long if you want the tilt feature back

I believe the layer you need to find is :

and change it back to this:

OK I figured out a handful of things based on some of the questions above. I'll send my data.zip in PM only if someone else wants to post it. Mine has the original 10 shortcuts which I like. All credit for this still goes to Keeper - this is all very minor touch up.

To add the 3D Tilt back if you miss it - see above. That and each of the edits below are in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file.

To fix the script error, simply add a semicolon. The button on the lower left is supposed to display latitude/longitude when pressed. I have never used this, so I just turned it off - script error is gone. Search for the following, and ADD the semicolon in red to comment it out (or just delete the entire line).

;

*** When current street icon in lower left is pressed, current Lat/Long will be displayed ***

;

To move the StopNav button so the Ipod doesn't cover it, just change the X and Y axis.

Original:

;Stop Nav Button

Edit to be:

;Stop Nav Button

If you don't like where I put the button, then just play with the X (horizontal) and Y (Vertical) numbers til you hit the one you like.

;

*** When current street icon in lower left is pressed, current Lat/Long will be displayed ***

;

or you could have fixed the error by adding code to the scripts_800_480.ui

This one kept blowing up on me also.

Search for

; *** When current street name is pressed, destination menu will be brought up ***

and replace with...

; *** When current street name is pressed, destination menu will be brought up ***

I have another favor to ask, I would like to press the compass and have the itinerary pop up. I cannot figure out how to do it. Can you post "find" and "replace" code so this can work?? Thanks in advance!

Also, how can I keep the buttons showing, I do not want the hide option.

I have another favor to ask, I would like to press the compass and have the itinerary pop up. I cannot figure out how to do it. Can you post "find" and "replace" code so this can work?? Thanks in advance!

See the instructions for the "Compass/Detour Mod" in this thread (it's the 3rd or 4th post):

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19864

See the instructions for the "Compass/Detour Mod" in this thread (it's the 3rd or 4th post):

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19864

I did look at this, but with the data.zip file from keeper, I do not see that line, as he put in a custom compass (which rocks!!)