AVIC411.com

How To: Quick Lauch Buttons and other mods....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are trying to just change the image, do what the post above talks about, if your trying to revert back. I'm not sure what to do, but i'd start by deleting the folowing text out of sys.txt, and removing your car3d.bmp image.

I'm actually looking to do the same thing, as I don't really like my own arrow anymore, so I'll be working to figure this out aswell.

So I looked at the file differnces from you file to Boris' files to see if I could add the US speedcam warnings, and I am lost beyond belief. I hate to ask, but it is over my head, anyway someone could post a DATA.zip with the extra files that include the quick launch and compass (love it, great work by the way!!!) Much thanks in advance if you could help me out!!!

I have been able to add boris's mods and I will post my data zip in a bit. I am working on a cool housing number display and I want to iron that out first so I only have to post once.

And I have got kind of sick of my truck so I changed it back to the arrow until I decide what I want to do with it, so that should make most of you happy.

I have been able to add boris's mods and I will post my data zip in a bit. I am working on a cool housing number display and I want to iron that out first so I only have to post once.

And I have got kind of sick of my truck so I changed it back to the arrow until I decide what I want to do with it, so that should make most of you happy.

Hi keeper22, i am very curious what your result is. Any idea when you gonna post the data.zip?

Can't wait...

Thanks in advance.

Building up the tension.

hahaha not building up the tension, I am just having a little trouble displaying it the way I want, and the boss is getting a little suspicious that I am running out to my truck every 5 minutes....weird!

Hey boss, I uh....am having car problems....gotta go check it out.....be right back in about 5.....oh this? it's an Sd card don't worry about that...

Alright the site is back up...pheeew

So here is the house numbers mod.

I set it up so the graphics only show when the housing number information is available, for instance when you are on the highway you will not see anything. And I have no control over the housing numbers themselves, if the data is wrong it is because it is wrong on the map.

So you have two options here you can have it so the house numbers by default are on display or so that you need to touch a spot on the screen to display the housing numbers. I made the grapics very small but still clear so I like it to be on by default but again I leave that up to you.

So here we go on the code. All the code will be added to navigatemap_800_480.ui any damage you do to you unit is your respossibility, I am not accountable if you brick the thing so BACK IT UP!!!

Find the first layer.

and add the following directly below the closing layer tag.

now you decide if you want it to be displayed by default or if you want to push a button to display the housing information. I am going to show you how to show it by default first.

add the following code to the first layer ( )

;house numbers display

that code cotains the graphics and the housing number text.

now go back to the layer you created, remember it is called ui_HouseNumbers and paste the following code

;house numbers hidden button

now add the three .bmps in the attached zip to DATA.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ and you are done.

When you touch the housing number graphics the graphics will disappear. To make it reappear you will touch right above the bottom bar and bellow the 3d arrow (where the house icon was). There is an invisible button there. Might take you a bit to get used to it but I thought it would be better to add an invisible button then another dash lined button on the screen like the quick nav one.

post-22402-12872756278616_thumb.jpg

housenumbers.zip

now for the second option, if you want it to not display the housing information by default and would rather hit a button to display it.

Find the first layer.

and add the following directly below the closing layer tag.

add the following code to the first layer ( )

;house numbers hidden button

that code cotains the hidden button

now go back to the layer you created, remember it is called ui_HouseNumbers and paste the following code

;house numbers display

now add the three .bmps in the attached zip to DATA.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ and you are done.