AVIC411.com

Another way to speed up the system, cut down load times...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone see this issue?

Before this mod,when I make a call from the unit, once the call was dialed, the "end call" bar pop up.

After the mod, the "end call" will not show after the other end of the call disconnected. I saw this issue under a few different conditions such as in route, not in route, I called, and someone else called in.

Any comment?

• 3 months later...

I just did that mod to my Euro F900BT and works fine! It almost made button response immediate! :D I think that button response IS immediate, but what gives you the feeling that takes time, is the long wmv file with the "ding" sound, which I think is too long (there is silence in the begining and in the end of the file). I am going to "chop" the wmv file a bit or find something else, "shorter". I will let you know... :wink:

Congrats to thextreme1! :mrgreen:

I checked the sound files for the "ding" when pushing a button. The sound lasts 0.100secs and the whole file is 0.500secs. So there are 0.400secs of silence! I chopped it a bit, keeping just the first 0.100secs and the response improved, specialy when changing radio stations (because you hear the next station about 0.400secs faster!). Also the file got smaller (40KB original, 17KB the new one) so I believe it loads faster! :P

The files are in DATA.ZIP in the folder \audio\. Those that I changed are the most used and are (all incuded in the wavfiles.zip):

!back.wav

!button.wav

!checkoff.wav

!checkon.wav

!click.wav

!invalid.wav

!radio.wav

!sectionbeepA.wav

!success.wav

awesome ill try it out now with those wav files? so does anyone know what do i remove and keep in the preload file if im in CA?

I would recomended you to keep a backup of your original file and follow the instructions of the initial post (just keep section [1]). The worst case scenario that I can imagine (I am not 100% sure) is the AVIC to load data when you actually need it and not already preload it when booting. But even if things won't work at all, you just put back your backup file.

In my previous post I forgot to attach some extra sounds that you can find in \Flash Disk\DATA\Sound\ :

PSG1Hi.wav

PSG1Low.wav

PSG2Hi.wav

PSG2Low.wav

PSG3.wav

PSG5.wav

VR.wav

I would recomend to everyone to keep a backup of the original files, just in case. If someone didn't keep the original ones and need them, I've got them all,so just ask... :D