AVIC411.com

How To: Turn The Redlight/Speedcam Features On.

Ok, it seems that a lot of people are interested in this hack so I am posting a link to a completely idiot proof way to apply this hack to your unit. It is very simple and should only take a few minutes to apply and you will have the safety cam alert features on your unit. First let me say that I did not come up with any of this info. The genius behind this hack and many others is forum member BorisM. The idea that Pioneer would build this feature into the unit and just not implement it is absurd. BorisM is the one that was clever enough to discover this and he opened up the functionality to this feature. This function alone, in my opinion, makes these units much more valuable. If you must thank someone, BorisM is the man. Also it is always advised to backup any files you plan to replace and doing this mod is of course at your own risk. Alright, here goes, below is the Rapidshare link to the files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/164870495/Safty_Cam_Mod.zip

This file includes everything you need to add the safety cam hack to your unit including the testmode boot files to boot your unit into windows ce. After you download and unzip the file, follow these steps:

1. Copy all files to your SD card

2. Boot your unit into testmode and navigate to your SD card.

3. Copy DATA.ZIP and SYS.TXT to: \My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo

Select yes when it ask you if you want to replace the files.

4. Copy the two safety cam database files - "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt" to: MyFlashDrive\APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam

Thats it, your done. Remove your SD card and restart your unit. Once the unit is restarted, go to: SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS, WANRINGS and turn the safety cam alerts on. Once you have done this you can begin to add and edit camera locations on the map. To test the hack, touch the map on a road so that the red target symbol appears over the road. Next hit the map info button located under the map 2D\3D button. Next hit the SAVE AS button select ADD CAM. You will then be given the option to select the type of cam, speed limit of the zone if it applies, and the direction of travel the cam affects. Hit DONE and thats it. Drive in the direction of the newly placed cam and you will see and hear a "Casual Alert" sound as you approach the cam location. The currently playing audio will be muted while in the alert area. If a speed limit was entered when the cam was created, the unit will emit an "Urgent Alert" sound once you exceed the posted speed limit. The "Urgent Alert" sound will cease once you drop below the posted speed limit but the "Casual Alert" will continue until you pass the camera location. If there are any questions or suggestions to make this mod better please fell free to post your thoughts.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice thank you both.

How do you remove a camera that you added through the unit? I wanted to test if I could add a camera and it worked fine but now I can't see how to delete it.

Is there a way to delete it through avic?

I tried writing over Red_Light_Camera_us.txt and Speed_Trap.txt with the original files in your zip but that did not remove the speed cam I added.

• 2 weeks later...

I am someone who all too often fails to thank others for their hard work... But this was a GREAT addition to my Pioneer! I live in SoCal where there are red light cameras ALL OVER, and although I am not one to run them I have occasionally tempted the yellow light!

This mod was perfectly painless and is extremely accurate from what I have seen over the past couple days. It has not missed one, and warned me of 6 different ones!

Thank you!!!

T