AVIC411.com

How To: Turn The Redlight/Speedcam Features On.

Thanks i will give it a go. To bad the readme is also russian. me and babbelfish will be spending some time together this weekend. Also if that is the guy putting out the hack it says on the information page the are putting development on hold.

You're welcome.

Actually Gurjon is sitll producing skins pretty actively, they are just trying to deal with NavNGo releasing multiple 8.3.x releases that break existing skins, and AVIC patch is by someone else.

I can translate the readme easily. Actually, here it is (adapted for us a bit):

Speed Camera Pathc 3.9

Supports iGO 6 and Ultra skin voices

Do not use for skins with voiced radars.

Installation:

1. If there are no other patches, extract with the same structure

Voices:

1. iGO 6 voices go into root of AUDIO folder inside main iGO folder

2. Ultra voices go into AUDIO folder as follows:

Riussian - Audio\RU\voice_male (and voice_female)

English - AUDIO\EN\voice_male (and voice_female)

American - AUDIO\US\voice_male (and voice_female)

...same for others...

Settings in voice_var.ini

1. Visibility flag in islider - for both voices

;US English Male - (0- hidden, 1 - visible)

2. Pauses before second part of the phrase (speed limit) - only for Ultra voices

; US English Male

vSoundDelay0.set 10

vSoundDelay1.set 30

vSoundDelay2.set 70

vSoundDelay3.set 190

These values can be any positive number multiple of ten.

Missing languages turned off.

Camera overspeed warning signal

1. You can choose from 6 stock sounds and 4 user sounds (the later needs to be called the same as button and placed in AUDIO).

2. To turn off stock overspeed warning, add to SYS.TXT or SISTEM.INI

[warning]

overspeed_sound=1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks i will give it a go. To bad the readme is also russian. me and babbelfish will be spending some time together this weekend. Also if that is the guy putting out the hack it says on the information page the are putting development on hold.

You're welcome.

Actually Gurjon is sitll producing skins pretty actively, they are just trying to deal with NavNGo releasing multiple 8.3.x releases that break existing skins, and AVIC patch is by someone else.

I can translate the readme easily. Actually, here it is (adapted for us a bit):

Speed Camera Pathc 3.9

Supports iGO 6 and Ultra skin voices

Do not use for skins with voiced radars.

Installation:

1. If there are no other patches, extract with the same structure

Voices:

1. iGO 6 voices go into root of AUDIO folder inside main iGO folder

2. Ultra voices go into AUDIO folder as follows:

Riussian - Audio\RU\voice_male (and voice_female)

English - AUDIO\EN\voice_male (and voice_female)

American - AUDIO\US\voice_male (and voice_female)

...same for others...

Settings in voice_var.ini

1. Visibility flag in islider - for both voices

;US English Male - (0- hidden, 1 - visible)

2. Pauses before second part of the phrase (speed limit) - only for Ultra voices

; US English Male

vSoundDelay0.set 10

vSoundDelay1.set 30

vSoundDelay2.set 70

vSoundDelay3.set 190

These values can be any positive number multiple of ten.

Missing languages turned off.

Camera overspeed warning signal

1. You can choose from 6 stock sounds and 4 user sounds (the later needs to be called the same as button and placed in AUDIO).

2. To turn off stock overspeed warning, add to SYS.TXT or SISTEM.INI

[warning]

overspeed_sound=1

Thanks that is a big help. Havent even had the unti for a week and already diving into the belly of the beast.

Have fun!

iGO is a rather typical Eastern European product -- it is more powerful than anything else out there, but actually accessing that power is left as an exercise for the reader. Even iGO's default stock skin only scratches the surface of what can be done with it, and Pioneer;'s is even less than that...

This is really great!!!

What does "DIRTYPE" and "DIRECTION" in the txt file mean? What values can these paramters have? Is it right that the txt files could be named as I want? What values can "TYPE" have and what does that mean?

How could the icon be changed to show the different types of speed cams? When I delete a cam within the Navic, it is still in the txt file. Where has it then been deleted from?

Thank you very much for your help.

You should have a look at http://www.navifriends.com because they hava a huge speedcam database for europe (in which you can add/delete/edit cams as you want)

This is really great!!!

What does "DIRTYPE" and "DIRECTION" in the txt file mean? What values can these paramters have? Is it right that the txt files could be named as I want? What values can "TYPE" have and what does that mean?

How could the icon be changed to show the different types of speed cams? When I delete a cam within the Navic, it is still in the txt file. Where has it then been deleted from?

Thank you very much for your help.

You should have a look at http://www.navifriends.com because they hava a huge speedcam database for europe (in which you can add/delete/edit cams as you want)

Direction states weather the cam points east to west and so on be default all the cams in the file are 4 way. But direct gives you the option if they only run one way. Im not sure on dirtype, type is which cam is shown. You can change the icon that pops up in the warning not sure if you can change the whole poi icon for it or not but im not seeing anyplace to.

And what values do I have to write for DIRTYPE? Is DIRECTION filled with for example "120" (Degree) or is it "NE" (North-East)?

Direction - camera angle in degrees, 0 - North, 90 - East etc.

Dirtype - 0: All Directions. 1 - One direction. 2 - Direction an opposite

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the additional directions on the integration with alternate data files. Its nice to have Maverick's customizations and the speed camera's. I commute through Fremont, CA and all along the BART route they have red light camera's to catch people dashing for the train. Bastards.

Nice work Boris and VBLUE. :)

Boris,

Any news on the one warning and done option? This f'n dog barking is about to drive me insane as I live in the Dallas, TX area and speed traps are all over the place.. I like the warning, but it's like walking into the SPCA dog kennels at dinner time with a raw steak right now.

Boris,

Any news on the one warning and done option? This f'n dog barking is about to drive me insane as I live in the Dallas, TX area and speed traps are all over the place.. I like the warning, but it's like walking into the SPCA dog kennels at dinner time with a raw steak right now.

Still trying to see if the original author is doing anything with it... If not, I'll try to do it myself...

Boris,

I posted a fix for that already in another thread. The file I provide here also has that already replaced with a more appropriate audio file.

I posted a fix for that already in another thread. The file I provide here also has that already replaced with a more appropriate audio file.

Yeah, but that just replaces the sound. The one I have will say something like "Speed Camera ahead. Speed Limit 30 miles per hour". Unfortunately only in Russian so far...

• 5 weeks later...

I installed the hack and it works as supposed to. But when i approach a red light camera, the distance to the camera is correct and is reduced as i get closer to the cam, but for some reason all of the cams around town show the speed limit as 66mph and it doesnt change. Did i do somhing wrong? I have to manaully enter the speed limit of each cam ? thanks for the reply..

I installed the hack and it works as supposed to. But when i approach a red light camera, the distance to the camera is correct and is reduced as i get closer to the cam, but for some reason all of the cams around town show the speed limit as 66mph and it doesnt change. Did i do somhing wrong? I have to manaully enter the speed limit of each cam ? thanks for the reply..

The data files provided either don't have correct speed listed, or those are really just red light cameras but they got tagged with a (wrong) speed value...