AVIC411.com

Buying refurb'd AVIC-Z2's on Ebay??? safe??

Obviously I'm looking at a refurb'd Z2 on eBay... I will check out the seller's feedback etc...but I was wondering if Pioneers refurbished units are any good...I'm I looking at a potential future problem with the unit after the first 90 day warranty is up??? are these possibly lemon units and whatever caused them to be refurb'd by Pioneer going to happen again.. :roll:

Anyone have experience??? The price savings are substantial on one - given a discount I have with ebay I could pick one up for around $700 shipped.... :!:

your always taking a chance with a refurb. or anything from ebay. but a lot of people have had good experiences with both. good luck

Refurb means that there was something wrong with it in the 1st place, what if they didn't totally fix it? I don't trust refurbs but if you can get a warranty then it might be worth it...

Refurb means that there was something wrong with it in the 1st place, what if they didn't totally fix it? I don't trust refurbs but if you can get a warranty then it might be worth it...

Refurbished simply means it was a broken unit that was fixed and now works. It's likely that it will work, but with a refurb, who knows for how long..

I too just picked up a Z2 refurb on ebay. Still had plastic on the screen and all cables were BRAND new never even been installed, with 90 day warranty and everything.

Payed $740 for it after shipping, then upgraded it to the Z3 by myself for free :D

Total cost was $747 bucks for my Z3 after buying an adaptor to hook the harddrive up to my PC ;)

After all this went so smoothly, I feel bad for the people that pay retail. However, many of you have too much money anyways driving around your fancy SUV and you burn more money in gas then what you pay for your Avics soooo....

But for me money is tight and I had to work for this Avic. I'm very pleased with ebay! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I bought a factory sealed refurb from ebay that had a factory 90 day warranty. That was over 2 years ago, and I have never had a problem with it. I think that refurb units are inspected more closely than new units from the facotry floor... Just my two cents.

+1. I've had mine in for over a year and no problems. I manage a service department for an electronics/AV integrator and I'll tell you from experience that refurbs are just as good, if not better than A-Stock items.

Refurbs (B-Stock) are items that came back in on manufacturers warranty fixes and other types of cases as well. What the manufacturer does is fix the issue, fully test the unit as they would a new one and then box it back up for re-sale. Technically they cannot call it brand new and sell at full retail, hence the refurbished name and drastically lower price.

Refurbs are the way to go, but be sure that you are buying a refurb that was done by the original manufacturer, not some random electronics shop...

About the only thing I'll stay away from refurbs is/are flat screens, especially plasma's. Buy these new and definitely get an extended warranty :idea:

There is a very reputable vendor on Ebay that sells Pioneer refurbs and that's who I'll continue to use. So far I've purchased 2 Avic's, an AVH-P4000, 3 GEX-P920's and a DEH-P4000...all of them work like they were brand new.