AVIC411.com

HD Radio

the HD radio device for the F-serie is called GEX-P10HD,

I own one myself and it sounds pretty good, good reception, and catch a lot of digital stations around my area.

look this web site for more info:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... /GEX-P10HD

you can get it pretty much from any car/audio site like sonic-electronix, crutchfield, even ebay :)

It is a hide away box, so, you can install it in a hidden place on ur dash or any other location, since you don't need to touch it anymore after installation, all the manipulation is done thought the Avic screen.

I second that!

No way to store the radio name/frequency in the presets, plus you have these groups of 6 presets (FM1, FM2, FM3) that are very annoying. Just have a continuous list of presets so you can scroll though them easily.

Beside that, installation is very straightforward, reception quality is excellent in my area, I'll never go back to analog radio again!

Pioneer if you are listening please fix the HD Preset labels !

-S

• 3 weeks later...
A nice feature of the HD Radio is that no station information is stored on the preset button. And by no information I mean no RDS, and no frequency. The only way to select presets is by number 1 through 6. Very high tech!

OK, that answers one of my questions. Stupid, yes, but I can live with it. Maybe someone has already hacked that, or will sometime soon.

What I can't figure out is how to change the multicast. I have had the same station from multi-cast 1 to multi-cast 2, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how I changed from one to the other. This is very straightforward on the head unit in my other car, but on the F700, it is a bit of a mystery.

Any help?

So far, that's my only complaint.

geosynch

What I can't figure out is how to change the multicast. I have had the same station from multi-cast 1 to multi-cast 2, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how I changed from one to the other.

geosynch

I don't remember doing anything special to go from one to the next. Just press the seek up or down button. On my F90BT it will seek up to the next station it finds and if there is a multicast it shows a "1" after the frequency and then it seek up again and it changes from "1" to "2" same frequency. If I hit seek up again it goes to the next frequency with "1".