AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

this may be a dumb or repetetive question. Maverick if I just copied and pasted your data.zip file to my unit will all these modifications show up or would I still have to edit and make revisions to files?

Assuming you know how to get into test mode and do that, then yes, replacing the existing data.zip with my data.zip linked to in the first page of this thread will give you all of the mods.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my edited ui ...

this will move the nav mute button to accomadate for iPod album art

just inject into mav's data.zip

link

Quick Question...

Will this remove the Satellite Signal Strength Button and it's function since the Voice Guidance Mute / Address Select Button is now in it's place? Or is the Voice Mute/Address Button just covering up the Sat Sig button?

Thanks.

Maverick, i am very happy with your mods.

The only thing i am missing is the speecam mod. I tried to integrate this with your data.zip but in someone way i cannot get this to work.

I followed the instruction from boris and i used his files in the post.

Is there a possibility that you integrate them and post a new data.zip file?

Would be fantastic, just for christmas....

Thanks in advance.

here's my edited ui ...

this will move the nav mute button to accomadate for iPod album art

just inject into mav's data.zip

link

Quick Question...

Will this remove the Satellite Signal Strength Button and it's function since the Voice Guidance Mute / Address Select Button is now in it's place? Or is the Voice Mute/Address Button just covering up the Sat Sig button?

Thanks.

Peter Parker's edit was actually done before I put the Satellite Signal Strength Icon in its current location, so it probably doesn't account for it at all. So, it probably covers it up (or sits behind it). Either way, it's fixable by just moving the Satellite Signal Strength Icon out of the way (adjust the x/y coordinates).

--Mav

Maverick, i am very happy with your mods.

The only thing i am missing is the speecam mod. I tried to integrate this with your data.zip but in someone way i cannot get this to work.

I followed the instruction from boris and i used his files in the post.

Is there a possibility that you integrate them and post a new data.zip file?

Would be fantastic, just for christmas....

Thanks in advance.

Nope, no interest in that. BUT, someone else in this thread somewhere successfully accomplished that IIRC. You should look back through this thread and find out who that was and find out what they did.

Good luck!

--Mav

I was able to integrate both the SpeedCam mods and Mavs mods... But after trying several times to add the Speedcam mods to Mavs mods I gave up.

I ended up using the posted Speedcam Data.zip file that is already completed and then adding Mavs mods individually. It took longer to do this way, as there are several great mods in Mavs DATA.zip... But it worked.

I now have all of Mavs mods AND the speedcam warnings!

please help mav!!!! i ran your update with parkers ui and my sh@t went crazy. got all the way to vt from ri and my system kept rebooting itself the whole way home. it was the newest update of parkers ui (12/09) .. any way got home put my backed up file of the original data zip back on and now my clock will keep auto resetting to navy time ie 1700 instead of 5:00. i go in and manually reset it turn the auto time update off and BAM back to army time!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO??????????? help me plz

please help mav!!!! i ran your update with parkers ui and my sh@t went crazy. got all the way to vt from ri and my system kept rebooting itself the whole way home. it was the newest update of parkers ui (12/09) .. any way got home put my backed up file of the original data zip back on and now my clock will keep auto resetting to navy time ie 1700 instead of 5:00. i go in and manually reset it turn the auto time update off and BAM back to army time!!!!!

Hmmm...that's definitely odd. I'd put the original 2.0 data.zip on, then restore the factory settings in Navi settings and go from there. With regard to 24 hour or 12 hour clock, I believe that is in the regional settings in the Navi settings menu.

--Mav

I'm only posting here becuase the mods posted here represent the bulk of the mods made on my f90.

Has anyone notices a slower response to key presses since doing these (or other) mods? Mine has changed considerably particularly in the first few minutes of booting up. After that it is much better. The other weirdness is the phone interface. Music starting up after hanging up has gotten longer and, I may be wrong about this one, but I was pretty sure my iPod playback paused for a phone call then resumed where I left off...now it mutes but continues to play.

I may reflash to orginal 2.0 and work forward again. Maybe the trial and error reflashing has something to to with it. Maybe (fingers crossed) if I go from original to fully mod'd in one swoop it will resolve the issues.

Anyone else notice this or have an opinion on the potential success of reflashing?

Hmmm...that's definitely odd. I'd put the original 2.0 data.zip on, then restore the factory settings in Navi settings and go from there. With regard to 24 hour or 12 hour clock, I believe that is in the regional settings in the Navi settings menu.

--Mav

ok i'll give it a try and get back to you. thanx