AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please help mav!!!! i ran your update with parkers ui and my sh@t went crazy. got all the way to vt from ri and my system kept rebooting itself the whole way home. it was the newest update of parkers ui (12/09) .. any way got home put my backed up file of the original data zip back on and now my clock will keep auto resetting to navy time ie 1700 instead of 5:00. i go in and manually reset it turn the auto time update off and BAM back to army time!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO??????????? help me plz

Hmmm...that's definitely odd. I'd put the original 2.0 data.zip on, then restore the factory settings in Navi settings and go from there. With regard to 24 hour or 12 hour clock, I believe that is in the regional settings in the Navi settings menu.

--Mav

ok i'll give it a try and get back to you. thanx

now my shit reboots steady every 2 minutes

please help mav!!!! i ran your update with parkers ui and my sh@t went crazy. got all the way to vt from ri and my system kept rebooting itself the whole way home. it was the newest update of parkers ui (12/09) .. any way got home put my backed up file of the original data zip back on and now my clock will keep auto resetting to navy time ie 1700 instead of 5:00. i go in and manually reset it turn the auto time update off and BAM back to army time!!!!!

Hmmm...that's definitely odd. I'd put the original 2.0 data.zip on, then restore the factory settings in Navi settings and go from there. With regard to 24 hour or 12 hour clock, I believe that is in the regional settings in the Navi settings menu.

--Mav

ok so did that and still resetting . seemed like it had something to do with the nav setting whenever it tried to recalculate route it would just start rebooting . the other weird thing is after putting back fact zip from my desktop i lost key beeps on everything but the nav menus even the hard buttons, and my custom splash screen kept flashing . when i tried to set it back there were no options no default or anything in the splash screen menu. realy weird.. now i don't know what happened to the original i may have opened it up wrong on my desktop or something, i did look through it but NEVER touched or modded my backup!?!?!

long story short i freaked out called my buddy who has the exact same deck ( and is running your mods without parkers ui and is running great) took his og flash disk file and repllace the whole flash disk folder ie deleted whole folder from my device and copy paste my buddies seemed to fix everything... get back on in a couple let ya know how its working.

THANK you again mav for taking the time out for my noob prob. and i know i'm pushin my luck but any way u could post a new data zip with parkers moved keys his file deos not agree with my deck thanx mang

ps i made custom vc menu could that have anything to do with this mess?????

--Mav

ok so did that and still resetting . seemed like it had something to do with the nav setting whenever it tried to recalculate route it would just start rebooting . the other weird thing is after putting back fact zip from my desktop i lost key beeps on everything but the nav menus even the hard buttons, and my custom splash screen kept flashing . when i tried to set it back there were no options no default or anything in the splash screen menu. realy weird.. now i don't know what happened to the original i may have opened it up wrong on my desktop or something, i did look through it but NEVER touched or modded my backup!?!?!

long story short i freaked out called my buddy who has the exact same deck ( and is running your mods without parkers ui and is running great) took his og flash disk file and repllace the whole flash disk folder ie deleted whole folder from my device and copy paste my buddies seemed to fix everything... get back on in a couple let ya know how its working.

THANK you again mav for taking the time out for my noob prob. and i know i'm pushin my luck but any way u could post a new data zip with parkers moved keys his file deos not agree with my deck thanx mang

ps i made custom vc menu could that have anything to do with this mess?????

Yeah, your custom vc menu could have something to do with it. What you're describing sounds like there's improper command in some of the code you added (if the system gets hung up on something it doesn't understand, sometimes it'll just keep retrying by resetting). I'm pretty sure it's not the stuff in my data.zip because I'm not having a problem like that and if it was an error in the code in my data.zip, everyone using it would be having the same problem.

Hope you get it figured out.

Good luck.

--Mav

I had the same issue when I attempted to use Mavs DATA.zip to add the speed camera mod to. After several attempts, I did it the opposite way. I used the posted DATA.Zip with the speed camera settings and then followed Mavs PERFECT instructions to do each mod.

It worked perfectly when it was done in this order and I still dont know exactly what line of code threw the system in to a temper tantrum!

I had the same issue when I attempted to use Mavs DATA.zip to add the speed camera mod to. After several attempts, I did it the opposite way. I used the posted DATA.Zip with the speed camera settings and then followed Mavs PERFECT instructions to do each mod.

It worked perfectly when it was done in this order and I still dont know exactly what line of code threw the system in to a temper tantrum!

thanx for the post man .. its good to know i'm not alone with this prob gonna try your way now and see if i can get it

here's my edited ui ...

this will move the nav mute button to accomadate for iPod album art

just inject into mav's data.zip

link

Quick Question...

Will this remove the Satellite Signal Strength Button and it's function since the Voice Guidance Mute / Address Select Button is now in it's place? Or is the Voice Mute/Address Button just covering up the Sat Sig button?

Thanks.

Peter Parker's edit was actually done before I put the Satellite Signal Strength Icon in its current location, so it probably doesn't account for it at all. So, it probably covers it up (or sits behind it). Either way, it's fixable by just moving the Satellite Signal Strength Icon out of the way (adjust the x/y coordinates).

--Mav

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm wondering if you (or ANYBODY) could help me out a little. I want to move the Sat Sig Icon to the right, out from behind the Guidance Mute/Address Select button. Here's what I'm changing: (bold and underlined)

; GPS Status

;

;

It seems like no matter what I change x to, I can never get the Sat Sig Icon to show. I've tried x=25, 50, 100... All to no avail.

Am I changing the wrong value? Do the y and z value come into play? Can you tell what I'm doing wrong?

I'm attaching my navigatemap_800_480.ui as a txt file to this post. It includes all of Mav's mods plus PParker's mod to allow for iPod artwork.

Thanks in advanced

navigatemap_800_480.ui.txt

Data.zip and first page worth of posts have been updated to resolve the following issues:

1. 2D/3D Toggle Button now works correctly. If you have used my Data.zip and subsequently made your own revisions such that you would prefer not to download a whole new Data.zip, all I did was add a Z index layer command that brought the button forward (i.e. "Z=3001") to both the 2D and the 3D button. If you prefer to cut and paste, in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file, replace this:

;2D-3D Button

with this:

;2D-3D Button

2. Altimeter in lower left (when no route active) now shows elevation in feet, not miles. If you have used my Data.zip and subsequently made your own revisions such that you would prefer not to download a whole new Data.zip, all I did was change the "navigation.current_altitude.full_text" command to "gps.elevation". If you prefer to cut and paste, in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file, replace this:

;current speed (and speed limit where present) and altitude when not navigating

;	

with this:

;current speed (and speed limit where present) and altitude when not navigating

;	

so this will make the 2d 3d button work? mine was not working. i did switch ur nav 800 480 ui with parkers so i just add this right? mav i'm talkin to u genius.