AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

Data.zip and first page worth of posts have been updated to resolve the following issues:

1. 2D/3D Toggle Button now works correctly. If you have used my Data.zip and subsequently made your own revisions such that you would prefer not to download a whole new Data.zip, all I did was add a Z index layer command that brought the button forward (i.e. "Z=3001") to both the 2D and the 3D button. If you prefer to cut and paste, in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file, replace this:

;2D-3D Button

with this:

;2D-3D Button

2. Altimeter in lower left (when no route active) now shows elevation in feet, not miles. If you have used my Data.zip and subsequently made your own revisions such that you would prefer not to download a whole new Data.zip, all I did was change the "navigation.current_altitude.full_text" command to "gps.elevation". If you prefer to cut and paste, in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file in the DATA/ui_pioneer/800_480/ui folder in the DATA.zip file, replace this:

;current speed (and speed limit where present) and altitude when not navigating

;	

with this:

;current speed (and speed limit where present) and altitude when not navigating

;	

so this will make the 2d 3d button work? mine was not working. i did switch ur nav 800 480 ui with parkers so i just add this right? mav i'm talkin to u genius.

All you need to do is add the z=3001 in the two places indicated in the second code excerpt quoted above.

--Mav

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boris is right. Not sure why it's commented out in yours since it's not in my data.zip, but you'll have to remove the ";". You're editing the x/y coordinates in the correct place, but you'll have to remove the ; or it'll be ignored.

--Mav

Mavrickster, BorisM, and peterparker,

Thank you all for all your help. I finally got this thing just like I wanted it.

I'm attaching a pic and my navigatemap_800_480.ui as a .txt file. It has all of Mavs mods, including Sat Sig icon, and peterparkers mods to allow for iPod album artwork. Anybody who want's it can use it. Just remember... I am not resposible for damages, use at your own risk, blah, blah, blah...

Thanks again gentlemen. Have Happy Christmas.

navigatemap_800_480.ui.txt

Thank you all for all your help. I finally got this thing just like I wanted it.

I'm attaching a pic and my navigatemap_800_480.ui as a .txt file. It has all of Mavs mods, including Sat Sig icon, and peterparkers mods to allow for iPod album artwork. Anybody who want's it can use it. Just remember... I am not resposible for damages, use at your own risk, blah, blah, blah...

From your attached file:

; GPS Status

;

;

It appears you parsed (;) out the GPS Status on the left. Also, I think the y=270 value for the mute button (not posted above) would make the GPS icon at y=283 (posted above) sit behind and maybe slightly below the mute voice/address select button.

If I'm wrong, I'll learn something useful, and if I'm right- you posted the older navigatemap_800_400.ui file.

Steve

Can anyone tell me how to make 'time-to-destination' show instead of 'time of arrival'?

I tried doing it in the UI (settings>nav settings>visual>etc), but it doesn't change anything...

I currently have all three boxes showing time-to-destination in the UI, and yet it's still MPH, Time-of-Arrival, and Distance-To-Destination (I think... it's however the mod has it)

Thanks in advance

Hey Mav,

I have a slight issue. I don't know if it is associated with your hack, but would like your opinion.

I installed your data.zip file and have been running it for about a week now. I am really happy with your alterations. Thanks!

I am no longer able to get sound when using any source other than the radio. I am not able to hear anything when using CD, USB, or SD. The features work and the menu comes up showing the song playing, but nothing is coming out of the speakers.

I did verify these sources before installing your hack and everything was fine.

The only thing that I did with your data.zip file was to change the parking brake value to bypass that.

Any suggestions?

I will revert back to the factory data.zip if need be, but I don't really want to loose these upgrades.

Mav, thank you very much for this detailled explaination. I'm getting quite the hang of implementing the hacks, and it is all working fine so far!

The strange thing is, i made the changes you wrote to the data.zip, but i did NOT want the replacement of the zoom scale bar and the window in the bottom left corner, so i did not make those changes. Packed it back into a zip, but my device doesn't accept it! It really REALLY shortly displays a sort of error message right after the splash screen, it goes so fast i almost cant read it... something about a database error or so. Then it hangs at the main menu with the loading message at the bottom. I worked around it by using your data.zip and removing the parts i did not want... but quite strange don't you think? Can this be due the fact that in my workaround i made the changes INSIDE the zip while at my first try i extracted-changed-zipped?

Not really important to know, but might be nice for my future attempts...

Keep the good work up!

From your attached file:

; GPS Status

;

;

It appears you parsed (;) out the GPS Status on the left. Also, I think the y=270 value for the mute button (not posted above) would make the GPS icon at y=283 (posted above) sit behind and maybe slightly below the mute voice/address select button.

If I'm wrong, I'll learn something useful, and if I'm right- you posted the older navigatemap_800_400.ui file.

Steve

Sorry guys. You're right Steve. I accidentally posted the navigatemap_800_400.ui file that I was working from.

Here's the correct file. The file which produced the posted screenshot. Attached here and on my previous post.

Sorry once again.

Merry Christmas.

navigatemap_800_480.ui.txt

post-25894-12872756581318_thumb.jpg

From your attached file:

; GPS Status

;

;

Steve

Sorry guys. You're right Steve. I accidentally posted the navigatemap_800_400.ui file that I was working from.

Here's the correct file. The file which produced the posted screenshot. Attached here and on my previous post.

Sorry once again.

Merry Christmas.

Hi, i tried using ur file but i believe since it is in txt format, my navi isn't reading it. Could you please post the .ui format? thank you very much, unless I'm doing something wrong haha :(

ok i have a issue now :( ,

i think i just made my 900 a paper weight.

As soon as i Replaces my DATA.zip with the Mavrickster DATA.ZIP in the APL2 and then iGo folders . i X out of all screens after i have pasted the data.zip. i took the SD card out and hold the reset button for five seconds.when it rebooted i got a ERRoR "Map initialisation error" Map files cannot be found.

I did make a copy of my flashdisk and DID try to replace the original DATA.zip but unfortunately had the same error?

any ideas?

From your attached file:

; GPS Status

;

;

Steve

Sorry once again.

Merry Christmas.

Hi, i tried using ur file but i believe since it is in txt format, my navi isn't reading it. Could you please post the .ui format? thank you very much, unless I'm doing something wrong haha :(

You're doing something wrong. hahaha. j/k. :lol:

I'm not allowed to upload .ui files.

If your using Windows, right click on the Download Link-Save Link As- and save the file. Take the text from this file and overwrite the text in yours.

As soon as i Replaces my DATA.zip with the Mavrickster DATA.ZIP in the APL2 and then iGo folders . i X out of all screens after i have pasted the data.zip. i took the SD card out and hold the reset button for five seconds.when it rebooted i got a ERRoR "Map initialisation error" Map files cannot be found.

I did make a copy of my flashdisk and DID try to replace the original DATA.zip but unfortunately had the same error?

any ideas?

pdate from pioneer and see if this fixes it. Otherwise you'll need to get a copy of the couple 100 MB of files to restore your AVIC. Let's hope the 2.0 update fixes it.

any ideas?

Try the update from pioneer and see if this fixes it. Otherwise you'll need to get a copy of the couple 100 MB of files to restore your AVIC. Let's hope the 2.0 update fixes it.

alright , quick question before i try to update all over again i want to try to replces it with my back up flashdisk.

After trying to replace the missing file in my CONTENT folder with my backup ones everything would go good untill it got to the MAP folder , a pop up would come up saying there wasnt enough space.

Now my question is what is the best way to replaces all my backup files ? should i delete the flashdisk and just copy and replace it with one in my desktop?