AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

Thanks for the info, i would like option B so it is permanently on by default. Would you mind posting the change in the script that i have to make?
:!:

I haven't done it for myself. If it is warm enough I'll try it this week...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome thanks, if is was a little smarter with scripts and coding i would try. Thanks to you and all the other smart people on this site i have learned a lot and was able to make some minor tweaks and mods to my unit, this is one of the last things i want to do ( actually i would like to replace my 3D arrow with car but im not to confident doing that one yet, for now i resized it and like the size it is). I appreciate the time you take trying if you get around to it. Thanks again.

Awesome thanks, if is was a little smarter with scripts and coding i would try. Thanks to you and all the other smart people on this site i have learned a lot and was able to make some minor tweaks and mods to my unit, this is one of the last things i want to do ( actually i would like to replace my 3D arrow with car but im not to confident doing that one yet, for now i resized it and like the size it is). I appreciate the time you take trying if you get around to it. Thanks again.

Here's a quick fix:

in variable_def.ui find еdit line:

and replace 0 with 1. This will default it to on.

A more involved solution would involve defining another variable:

Then in settings you would copy value from vFullScreenCockpit to vFullScreenCockpit_saved when it is changed and in, say, start.ui do something like:

runif vFullScreenCockpit_saved 1 "vFullScreenCockpit.set 1"

else_run "vFullScreenCockpit.set 0"

I haven't tested the later one, so no guarantees...

Boris, your the man, i did the quick fix you mentioned, changed 0 to 1 and it worked like a champ, now when i start up, full screen cockpit mode is defaulted to on and no multi info box anymore! Thanks again for the info.

You're welcome. Glad you got it working.

Thanks, me too. My 3D display looks a lot better with out all of the clutter and a much smaller 3D arrow. I took away the keybeeps, zoom scale, resized the 3D arrow, did the software bypass, then your mod for the full screen cockpit defaulting to on. I got a new iPod, 120GB classic. Tomorrow i will install XM and see how that works. I love my AVIC now. It is damn near perfect. You guys and this forum ROCK!!

Actually, i have one more thing, remove the ipod album art from the map display, its cool on the iPod page, i dont want to remove it completly, i just want to remove it from the map display.

Hey me too, it be great to get rid of the album art on the map display.

Beachbum, how do you resize the arrow?

Cheers

All i did is ad the following to the end of the sys.txt file:

[map]

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=3400

3dcarsizemax=5400

3dcarsizemul=54000

The default values are:

respectively, The values i have above make it a good size, but that depends on you, You don't have to decrease it much to see a difference, I would start by decreasing by 500 for the first two values and 5000 for the third third and see how you like it.