AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

Yesterday I replaced my original data.zip with the one from Maverick.

I started it up again and saw all the new buttons and they all seem to work fine.

30 minutes later I tried to start it up again, but now unit seems to turn "dead" after 20/30 minutes or so.

It starts up and I see the splash screen but then the screen turns dark and the unit stops responding.

It is not even possible to boot it in testmode to put the original data.zip file back.

It is a european one with 1.9 firmware.

Anyone has got an idea or solution?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you download Firmware Update v2.0 and see if you can install that.

2.0 is the US version and 1.9 is the same version for European models.

I thought, whatever happened or went wrong, you could always put your original files back via testmode or boot via SD card? In my case that is impossible and the unit seems useless!

Hey, Mav,

Just a confirmation. The clickable Zip on the first page IS the latest and greatest Data Zip mods even when using Ipods?? I did'nt find the code for the voice mute though added to the latest version. Should I do this one separately? (***CORRECTION*** I found the voice mute code...:))

Thanx again for all of your hard work and effort!!! :D:D:D

Hey Mav,

Just found this site few days ago, I've been reading through threads like a maniac in the past nights: you rock man!!!

thanks for sharing all your work with us!

I have a question, though, I'm Italian and I'm using a setting in KM/h and meters for altitude, will your mod increase the speed number size and add the altitude even if I have selected metric system? and, basically I'm going to see the speed in kilometers and get the altitude in meters or exactly as you posted in your screen shots in miles and feet?

thanks again,

Hey, Mav,

Just a confirmation. The clickable Zip on the first page IS the latest and greatest Data Zip mods even when using Ipods?? I did'nt find the code for the voice mute though added to the latest version. Should I do this one separately? (***CORRECTION*** I found the voice mute code...:))

Thanx again for all of your hard work and effort!!! :D:D:D

It's the current version used by me. I don't use an iPod, so it doesn't incorporate any mods to accommodate the iPod cover art (as others have done elsewhere in this thread and on this forum).

--Mav

I have a question, though, I'm Italian and I'm using a setting in KM/h and meters for altitude, will your mod increase the speed number size and add the altitude even if I have selected metric system? and, basically I'm going to see the speed in kilometers and get the altitude in meters or exactly as you posted in your screen shots in miles and feet?

It should work that way, yes.