AVIC411.com

f90bt question

hello, im new here and was actually referred here from someone else on the cobaltss.net forums but anyways, i will be getting this unit in a couple months and was wondering, whats the biggest size (gb wise) the unit will recognize? and also, could i put music onto the sd card and play it through the unit? and one more thing, this site is AWESOME.. i had no idea people were hacking navi's.. thats great. ive been hacking my cell phones and im decent on the pc so this stuff shouldnt be too much worse, for me to mess up anyways lol.. thanks again!

I've used a 16GB without any problems, and I'm pretty sure it will work with 32 GB max size.

SDHC (SD 2.0) only supports up to 32 GB, then they need to update the spec.

SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity, SD 2.0) is an extension of the SD standard that appeared in June 2006.[16] SDHC allows standard-compliant capacities in excess of 2 GB. SDHC cards are often formatted with the FAT32 file system.[17] It uses the same physical and electrical form factor as SD, but the SD 2.0 standard in SDHC uses a different memory addressing method (sector addressing vs byte addressing), thus theoretically reaching a maximum capacity of up to 2 TB (2048 GB). However the SD Card association has artificially defined the maximum limit of SDHC capacity to 32 GB.
I've used a 16GB without any problems, and I'm pretty sure it will work with 32 GB max size.

SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity, SD 2.0) is an extension of the SD standard that appeared in June 2006.[16] SDHC allows standard-compliant capacities in excess of 2 GB. SDHC cards are often formatted with the FAT32 file system.[17] It uses the same physical and electrical form factor as SD, but the SD 2.0 standard in SDHC uses a different memory addressing method (sector addressing vs byte addressing), thus theoretically reaching a maximum capacity of up to 2 TB (2048 GB). However the SD Card association has artificially defined the maximum limit of SDHC capacity to 32 GB.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. now i can put music on the card and play it through the unit correct? thanks alot.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. now i can put music on the card and play it through the unit correct? thanks alot.

in MP3 or WAV format; don't try to get silly with AAC or any of those other goofy formats ;)

if you couldn't play music through the sd card why would they have gone through the effort of putting it in?

Also take a look at the instruciton book free download on pioneerelectronics.com under the unit you want. I suggest reading it, that will give youa ll the specs, installtion instructions, abilities, features etc.

I am sure there are tons of other questions you hadn't even thought of yet waiting to be answered by that.

It is an amazing unit and there are tons of features nto widely talked about. Also some limitations.