AVIC411.com

AVIC F Series Knob Replacements

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im really not trying to thumb my nose at anyone. Im a noob here. But $28.00 for what is probably a .39 piece of aluminum just seems like a ripoff. If he is machining them completely from scratch and anodizing them it might be one thing. If he has that much equipment it would probably be far more cost effective to purchase an existing knob like this one from Radio Shack for $2.99

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2102832

and mill out the back to the appropriate size.

Is it just me or does $28.00 just seem WAY too expensive?

E.

Im really not trying to thumb my nose at anyone. Im a noob here. But $28.00 for what is probably a .39 piece of aluminum just seems like a ripoff. If he is machining them completely from scratch and anodizing them it might be one thing. If he has that much equipment it would probably be far more cost effective to purchase an existing knob like this one from Radio Shack for $2.99

E.

Are you F.ing serious? Put that piece of shit Radio CRAP knob on my AVIC?

I have no problem buying one of Tom's knobs for 28.00.

Go away with your suggestions.

E.

Does not seem expensive to me. I plan on ordering one soon for my f90, I just got to deside wich one I want. Black would look good, and so would the stainless one, BUT then again the lighting inside my Civic Si are red (dash lights) and the Car is Figi Blue, so I'm considering one of those, but I think i want a smooth one and not one with the ridges on the side.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been following this thread, and I have to admit that the price seems high to me....BUT, that is probably because I have no issues using the knob as is and can't see spending $30 to improve something I have no issue with.

I also see the other side of this. No one else is making knobs like this. He has what appears to be the only viable solution at this time, so he can pretty much charge what he wants.

It's kinda like baseball cards. A McGuire rookie card may be worth $100...but only if you find someone willing to pay that much.

I would like the stainless smooth 1 but need to know how much it will cost with shipping to UK?

You just need to add $10.00 for shipping because I have to physically go to the post office and fill out the paperwork. I do it all the time. I love your sig by the way. Cat looks kinda P.O.ed LOL

I would like the stainless smooth 1 but need to know how much it will cost with shipping to UK?

You just need to add $10.00 for shipping because I have to physically go to the post office and fill out the paperwork. I do it all the time. I love your sig by the way. Cat looks kinda P.O.ed LOL

LOL thnx, i have paypal'd u, how long do i need to wait for delivery?

• 1 year later...