AVIC411.com

F90BT $627 shipped, Auth. retailer @ Amazon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just placed my order on the phone with their representative, which made my total + 2nd day shipping at only $640.79!

It will be here by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Amazon would have been $679 with "expedited shipping". (about 3 days).

Either way, good bang for the buck and thanks for the tip!

PS - The representative does log into Amazon to confirm prices/unit etc b/c on their website the unit is listed at $1,199. The current base price is $614. Amazon/6ave... Kudos!

even if pioneer says your warranty will be voided you can buy an extended warranty from 6ave. I ordered my f700bt from them $497 total with free shipping and 3 year extended warranty. I can't wait this was the best deal i found out of anywhere.

Best Buy-on sale $649

Private Stores- $849 but willing to price match best buy. The ridiculous part they are charging $150 to install. I used to work at a car audio shop so i can install it myself just didn't want to. I've become lazy and rather just pay someone else to do it for me, but if everyone is charging 150 i'm doing it myself.

a few years ago, pioneer used to say that no online or catalog sales of the premier or elite lines were authorized. i did, however, use pioneer's site to look for an authorized retailer for the f90bt and 6th ave was listed. i can't say for sure if shipping products is authorized by pioneer. chances are that they may revoke the premier authorized reseller honor, but i would fight that pioneer themselves directed me to 6th ave and can't revoke the my warranty because the store i bought it at later lost its authorized reseller status

Since i'll be waiting I might as well ask the question does the IPod Classic 120GB work with the F90bt? In terms of playing movies that is.

That is exactly what I have and it does a great job. Rip movies down to MP4 and let iTunes bring them in. I make music videos and drop similar artists (movies) into a folder and give it a name. I repeat this for each set I make. Then I set up album art for the movie titles using iTunes. As FYI album covers come across great too and you can add DVD cover art to the movies. Remember for album art or dvd art, Google is your friend.

So far no issues at all and 120 gig is nice. Don't waste any time trying a USB memory stick or SD for movies. The system gets laggy and slow. SD works better than USB for movies but it really slows down everything to an unbearable crawl on my system. Both USB and SD work fine for music and set up albums nice so I just stick with the iPod for video. I waisted a few bucks figuring this out but still use the SD for music and updating.

One tip. Let the VR directory for the iPod update once and then turn it off in the setting menu after it is complete. That updates the voice recognition for the iPod and you only need it turned on when you have added something to the iPod. Otherwise it will just slow down the boot time and limit the function of the iPod until it is finished. You don't want to deal with that each time you start the vehicle.