AVIC411.com

NO MORE MAP UPDATES..AND NOW WHAT?

I've had a post in the forums earlier but noone seemed to care about it.

BAD NEWS 1- Tomtom has acquired Teleatlas, who provides maps to our Avic F-Series and they no longer support AVIC F Series (Check their website)

BAD NEWS 2- Igo(Navngo with the new name) provides their maps but since they have made a major core change to their software from the 8.00 version that runs on our units to 8.3.2 (they are even alpha testing v9 now) they will only provide map updates to the newer version which the maps are incompatible for our units.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Either Pioneer comes out with a major firmware update to include the 8.3.2 version of the I-Go software so that we can still update our maps. Or we are stuck with the old and outdated 2007.07 files for ever.

WHAT DO WE DO? I say we need to take some immediate action to get Pioneer realise this ASAP. In the forums one of our friends who is a Pioneer dealer managed to get Pioneer people over which was a disaster since they have no idea or control over what happens. Pioneer Japan is the body who makes decisions and codes updates so we definately need to take a proper approach to make them aware of the problem and we would like a solution. We cannot suffer from having paid big bucks (especially in Europe) to a machine which is already outdated off the shelf.

Pioneer has a bad track record of providing support to older units (See poor HD3T users for example) so we need to make a bif fuss about this before Pioneer decide to come out with a newer AVIC series with the new Igo version embedded. I'l be pissed off and want my money back if this happens since it is completely a breach of consumers rights.

Let's share our views here and start some action to get this right. The more we are the stronger our case is.

BAD NEWS 1- Tomtom has acquired Teleatlas, who provides maps to our Avic F-Series and they no longer support AVIC F Series (Check their website)

BAD NEWS 2- Igo(Navngo with the new name) provides their maps but since they have made a major core change to their software from the 8.00 version that runs on our units to 8.3.2 (they are even alpha testing v9 now) they will only provide map updates to the newer version which the maps are incompatible for our units.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Either Pioneer comes out with a major firmware update to include the 8.3.2 version of the I-Go software so that we can still update our maps. Or we are stuck with the old and outdated 2007.07 files for ever.

WHAT DO WE DO? I say we need to take some immediate action to get Pioneer realise this ASAP. In the forums one of our friends who is a Pioneer dealer managed to get Pioneer people over which was a disaster since they have no idea or control over what happens. Pioneer Japan is the body who makes decisions and codes updates so we definately need to take a proper approach to make them aware of the problem and we would like a solution. We cannot suffer from having paid big bucks (especially in Europe) to a machine which is already outdated off the shelf.

Pioneer has a bad track record of providing support to older units (See poor HD3T users for example) so we need to make a bif fuss about this before Pioneer decide to come out with a newer AVIC series with the new Igo version embedded. I'l be pissed off and want my money back if this happens since it is completely a breach of consumers rights.

Let's share our views here and start some action to get this right. The more we are the stronger our case is.

Easy there, chicken little.

Not sure where your getting your info. Who isn't supporting the F series.... direct me to the info....

Pioneer is still listed on the TeleAtlas website as a partner company. There's no mention about dropping support for the F series.

http://www.teleatlas.com/PartnerProgram ... s/TA004657

Guys,

This as been mentioned in another thread too and I think it should be discussed seriously.

We need to know from Pioneer if they have any intention to upgrade existing units. I would make any assumptions that if Pioneer is a partner, all is good.

I don't think that Pioneer will claim high that they will not offer free map software upgrade for existing users.

We need to find the right guy to speak to at Pioneer to find out.

This post as to be sticked!

Can you please put the link were is your BAD NEWS 1?

Thanks,

Charles

I know the truth hurts and most of you prefer not to believe it. You will never see a web site that simply says "We no longer support Pioneer"

but you can do a simple math here.

1) Here's teleatlas website. Yes pioneer is listed there but do you see any D or F series in the update list? NO

http://navigation.teleatlas.com/en/shop ... installed/

2) Do you see Igo in the supported software list? NO

http://navigation.teleatlas.com/en/shop ... atlas-maps

3) Igo is now owned by Nav N go and they are announcing the new version and the map updates being incompatible with the older version so a need to upgrade is needed. See for yourself here:

https://www.navngo.com/pages/global/eng ... g_20081211

4) If I was using igo 8.00 on a PDA I could simply buy the upgrade and continue from there but can I do that with my AVIC? NO.

Why not? Because of Pioneer's own integration interface of İgo 8.00 with CD,DVD, IPOD, FM applications and bluetooth software

5) Does pioneer support older devices? NO. Here's another forum where owners of hard disk based Pioneer Avic users complaining they contacted pioneer for map updates and they received "We don't support older devices" answer. (The forum is in Turkish but I can translate it if you like.)

http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_27413890/tm.htm

So if you can add all this together what would it mean to us?

Either Pioneer prepares a system update with the new Igo 8.3.2 core embedded so that we can continue updates of our unit maps or we're stuck with old maps for ever.

Who's chicken little now?

3) Igo is now owned by Nav N go and they are announcing the new version and the map updates being incompatible with the older version so a need to upgrade is needed. See for yourself here:

iGO has always been NavNGo. NavNGo will provide some map updates for 8.0 series.

It is entirely up to the device manufacturer to contract with NavNGo to provide (or not provide) map updates for F-series, which they most likely will. If they don't, there will be ways around it anyway.