AVIC411.com

HOW TO: US Speed & Elevation Road Signs

Hope this helps!

Matt.

If this does what I think it =does it would be awesome, because I;m almost starting to cry that I can't get it working hehehe

OK.

So the script and the codes above make a button in the menu saying "to h*ll with the info box when not navigating"

right?

No button, just automatically disappears or appears depending on whether you are navigating.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope this helps!

Matt.

If this does what I think it =does it would be awesome, because I;m almost starting to cry that I can't get it working hehehe

OK.

So the script and the codes above make a button in the menu saying "to h*ll with the info box when not navigating"

right?

No button, just automatically disappears or appears depending on whether you are navigating.

Great!

But it needs to have that script, right?

Hope this helps!

Matt.

OK.

right?

Great!

But it needs to have that script, right?

yeah, the scripts run when the route is started, deleted etc.

That script only worked in my AVIC when a route was deleted.

However, on start-up, or route selecting without activating it, some info is still present.

The scripting in this thread however: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21865

work!

If it was only working when you deleted it sounds like you only modded script sc_DeleteSavedRouteConfirmed in advmenu.ui. The zip I uploaded also included navigate.ui with modified sc_FullScreen & sc_ShowOffrouteInfo scripts which deal with the other situations you mention.

No I amended both scripts.

However, I think also the information strings itself needed a different visiblemodel. And now it seems they remain stock.

Could that perhaps be it?

Quite possibly, I did also change the visiblemodel in navigate_800_480.ui for the route info fields.

• 2 weeks later...
paQ,

I see what you are saying... You are correct, the code I provided to remove the ROUTE INFO display when no route is selected, has the unintended side effect of forcing you to display distance_to_destination, time_to_destination and current_speed when a route IS selected.

The stock code seems to pick up variable set in the AVIC UI so that it can be changed by the UI.

If I was better at coding this stuff I would know a simple way to just turn off the ROUTE INFO display when no route is selected and keep it unchanged when a route IS selected. The sample code I used doesnt really do this. I will see if I can find out how to do what we all want. That is to only turn off the ROUTE INFO display, when no route is selected.

Sorry about all this folks.

For everyone using MAV's mods and would like to keep the route info the same as stock, Frumroll was nice enough to provide a link to MAV's data file with the route info fixed in case anyone is interested. viewtopic.php?t=21865

I realized after re-reading this thread that I didn't change the sys.txt file. I changed the show_speed_value to 1 and stil have no change in showing the actual speed limit on any street.. main street, highway, side street, etc.

Most likely reason is that you live in an area of the US that iGo simply does not report the posted speed limit. I havent been able to determine what their posted speed limit coverage is on a given map. Where I live, iGo only reports speeds on the highways; which in itself is practically useless for me too. It would be much more valuable on side streets where the posted speed limit isnt always obvious. I've heard their coverage in Europe is much better than the US.

Here in Ohio, I have speed limits only on Interstates and in select spots on state highways. very hit and miss. Most of the time the only way I notice there's a speed limit posted is by being nagged at for speeding. Even doing 57 in a 55 if the speed limit suddenly becomes active, will sound a warning.

I’ve run into a challenge getting this to work. The main highways around me have a posted speed limit that shows up on the unit, but it shows up naturally as the speed limit number with a white circle surrounded by a red line. I’d like this to show properly if at all possible on a normal speed limit sign, similar to what is at the beginning of this post.

See pictures. The first picture shows the lower left side of the screen with “your speed†and “altitude†with NO speed limit sign, this is expected for streets without a posted speed limit that iGo reads. The second picture shows the addition of the actual speed limit but isn’t posting it within the “speed.bmp†file.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. How do I get the speed.bmp image to show “behind†the posted speed limit number?

EDIT: Pictures posted in reverse order. :)