AVIC411.com

HOW TO: US Speed & Elevation Road Signs

I’ve run into a challenge getting this to work. The main highways around me have a posted speed limit that shows up on the unit, but it shows up naturally as the speed limit number with a white circle surrounded by a red line. I’d like this to show properly if at all possible on a normal speed limit sign, similar to what is at the beginning of this post.

See pictures. The first picture shows the lower left side of the screen with “your speed†and “altitude†with NO speed limit sign, this is expected for streets without a posted speed limit that iGo reads. The second picture shows the addition of the actual speed limit but isn’t posting it within the “speed.bmp†file.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. How do I get the speed.bmp image to show “behind†the posted speed limit number?

EDIT: Pictures posted in reverse order. :)

search for speed.bmp in your navigate_800_480.ui and play with the x and y values,

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we get this hack updated to 3.01? It worked ok in 3.0, but crashes the Map screen and causes reboots in 3.01.

Thanks. :wink:

Did you re-do after you updated to 3.01?

because if you didn't you would have over written the files

did I re-do what?

I manually went into the data.zip from 3.01, edited the navigatemap_800_400.ui file, add the speed.bmp etc.

It doesn't work in 3.01. It worked fine in 2.0 and 3.0. when I updated to 3.01, it no longer works. When I put back the clean 3.01 data.zip without the speed limit hacks, it runs fine, no reboots.

I tried to get this to work to with no success. I don't get reboots in 3.01 (yet) but it just doesnt render the signs.

The speed limit signs only render when you're on the Highway and it recognizes the current road's speed limit.

Yes but I should still get the current elevation and current speed signs correct? I also tried mavericksters version of this mod from his thread and that one did not work either. Think its an iGo thing?

I should note that I did this in Keepers mods and not a fresh install. I tried it in the location settings in this thread as well as along the 720 line where there are no current buttons.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to get the speed & elevation road signs to work with 3.01 yet ? I've been trying to get it to work with no success. As previously stated when I attempt to go to maps on the navi it causes the navi to do a reboot and the only way to remedy this is to revert back to a data.zip that doesn't have the speed and elevation mod.

I really enjoyed having the speed and elevation mod on my 2.0 navi and would love to have it in the 3.01 version. Any help would be greatly appriecated.

Has anyone been able to get the speed & elevation road signs to work with 3.01 yet ? I've been trying to get it to work with no success. As previously stated when I attempt to go to maps on the navi it causes the navi to do a reboot and the only way to remedy this is to revert back to a data.zip that doesn't have the speed and elevation mod.

I really enjoyed having the speed and elevation mod on my 2.0 navi and would love to have it in the 3.01 version. Any help would be greatly appriecated.

this is what i used on mine,

;Current clocked speed

it's pretty much the same as the one from 2.0, are you sure you have everything you need (scripts, BMP) for it?

I downloaded the images and font and placed the images in the "ui_pioneer/common" folder and added the font to the igo folder.

Where exactly did you place that section of code?

I tried both the orginal 2.0 code and your example code under the navigatemap_800_480.ui. placed the code under the section and when I turn on the navi or run it in the emulator the current clock speed icon does not appear on the screen nor does the elevation sign.

I downloaded the images and font and placed the images in the "ui_pioneer/common" folder and added the font to the igo folder.

I tried both the orginal 2.0 code and your example code under the navigatemap_800_480.ui. placed the code under the section and when I turn on the navi or run it in the emulator the current clock speed icon does not appear on the screen nor does the elevation sign.

the images are placed in the 800_480 folder,

i have the script on the layer that contains the 3D/2d button

I set the clocked speed and elevation signs to only show when the GPS has a valid signal. If you are using the emulator without a working GPS unit the signs will never display. You can remove &gps.valid from those two lines if you want the signs to show even when no GPS is valid.

Mark

Thanks for all of the assistance... I was able to get the speed limit sign to appear while in a route which is what I wanted. However it would be nice to have the speed limit sign appear on the screen even when im not in a route.

I placed the following code under the Navigation_800_480.ui text file.

;Display Posted Speed Limit

Hopefully its just something that I missed.

Thanks

Thanks for all of the assistance... I was able to get the speed limit sign to appear while in a route which is what I wanted. However it would be nice to have the speed limit sign appear on the screen even when im not in a route.

I placed the following code under the Navigation_800_480.ui text file.

;Display Posted Speed Limit

Hopefully its just something that I missed.

Thanks

The code looks right but my guess is you have inserted in a layer that is only active when you have a route active.

Mark