AVIC411.com

Leetlauncher 2.0 + Miopocket unlock for AVIC F series

Hello everyone. i am glad to see that there are people interested in MioPocket. i have this on my Navigon 7100 and love it.

i have been messing with it a little bit on my friends F700BT. the first thing i will say is to the person/persons having problems with miopocket installing/rebooting/installing/rebooting. Do the following:

Turn off the stereo

insert SD card

Turn on stereo

wait for MioPocket to install

once the unit turns off to reboot, remove the SD card

the 700bt model will reboot right back in to the AVIC software. i am in the process of editing MioPocket to takeover on bootup instead of the AVIC software. i know that Miopocket is installed because i once got a windows error while inside the AVIC software then i was able to get to the start menu then Mipocket. so i know Miopocket is installable and runs on a 700BT. now i just have to spend a bit of time with it and edit some scripts to get Miopocket to take over before the AVIC software does. if i have my way, soon enough i will make my own buttons to switch back and forth between Miopocket and AVIC.

also i see on here some people having issues with bluetooth. i will be getting a 500bt model on friday. so i will mess with that too. lets keep this topic going. i wont give up until i get this thing working perfectly.

Please share your scripts with us for the 700bt when you're done. I just got 700bt today but haven't install it yet. I'll test this installation method when my 700bt is up and running. If you need help with the scripts, ask Osprey (creator of Miopocket) from this forum http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109690&whichpage=367, he'll help you out.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i have a question.

Is this a Installation, or does Miopocket starts from the SD-Card. What happend when i next time start my Avic without the SD-Card ??

Actually it is an installation. when you boot with the SD card inserted Miopocket copies itself to the internal 2gb flash. some things go in the Windows directory for example. it adds registry settings Etc. but the AVIC software is also still there. thats the problem though, the AVIC software is still king. the only way i have been able to get to the MioPocket stuff was a bit of luck really. i boot once with the SD card in, remove SD card on reboot, wait for AVIC to boot, re-insert the SD card and most of the time the start menu will come up or sometimes MioPocket will take over completly.

once i am in Miopocket i can bring up a task manager and kill "mainmenu.exe" which is the AVIC software. i thought maybe i would just rename that exe to something else then reboot. i renamed it in hopes that when i rebooted AVIC would not come up,MioPocket would. well that didnt work. the bootup just stopped and didnt load anything (without SD card in) so i used my other SD card which just has the "service mode" wince on it (found here in he FAQ's section). i put back the mainmenu.exe to normal then rebooted again and AVIC came up fine. so the system apparently needs that file or wont boot up. thats about where i stopped last night. so i am on the trail to figuring this out. i wont be working on this again until this weekend but i will keep you guys posted. my goal here is to find out all the processes AVIC is starting, write a delayed startup script in MioPocket to kill them all (the unit needs them to boot as shown above, but this script will hopefully kill them shortly after boot, letting MioPocket apear) then in MioPocket i will make a button tied to another script that will kill MioPocket and Start AVIC. then another or the same script will be able to kill AVIC and Start MioPocket again, therefor switching back and forth. i know this is all possible because MioPocket already does this with other software on my Navigon 7100. i just need to spend more time figuring out the details of AVIC. one problem with this idea is that the AVIC software doesnt have an "exit" button so i need to figure that out too.

clarification:

yes it is an installation in that it copies a lot of its internals to the 2gb internal flash to do most of the hack job but most of its software is still run from the SD card. there is an SD-free option for installation but i have not messed with that yet on the AVIC. so yes it installs but yes you need to have the SD card in for everything to work. you only need to temporarily remove it so that the AVIC doesn't keep booting to the SD card in that loop.

Apparently someone on the other forum has the same problem installing miopocket on their device. I've collected some info, hopefully it can help you guys with the installation.

"When MioPocket installs, it sets a flag in the registry (HKLM\Software\MioPocket). The next time that it tries to install, if that flag is set, MioPocket will not install. So, the fact that it's installing over and over is a sign that the flag is either not being set or it's somehow getting unset (maybe by the reset)."

1st suggestion

Open up MioAutoRun\Scripts\Unlock.mscr and scroll down until you find the first "Sub ????????" line. Right above that (i.e. at the end of the main script) are some lines that perform the reset at the end of installation. Put a # sign in front of the "Reset" command, as well as the block of lines that are below it (which are different reset methods in case "Reset" doesn't do anything on a device). By commenting those lines out, your installation will appear to hang at the "Installation complete. Rebooting..." message. At that point, you'll have to perform a soft reset via your hardware button.

2nd suggestion

Open up MioAutoRun\Scripts\Unlock.mscr again and, where the reset commands are that you commented out, add...

Run("\Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Scripts\init.mscr")

...(assuming that your MioPocket is on SD card, otherwise use "\My Flash Disk"), then save the file and re-install MioPocket. That will attempt to start MioPocket immediately after installation, without rebooting.

I've not spent any time on this for nearly 2 weeks now, still doing some Avic mods, but I'll get back on it soon and post back with any results I may have. The more of us trying , the more chance we have of getting it to run alongside iGO, so post your info here and lets keep this alive..........

xdanx:

Your suggestions worked. I was able to launch Miopocket on the F90BT. I followed both of your suggestions and commented out the Reset and the subsequent block and added the run command. The result looks like -

-------Unlock.mscr

StatusMessageAppend("^CR^" & InstallationComplete & ". " & Rebooting & "...")

Sleep(1000)

#Reset

#If the "Reset" command does not work, try the included applications that do the same thing

#Sleep(1000)

#Run(ProgramsFolder\"Restart.exe")

#Sleep(1000)

#Run(ProgramsFolder\"Reset.exe")

Run("\Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Scripts\init.mscr")

------------

After Miopocket launched I could get to the Vista skin. Unfortunately, the sound system was inoperable. I attempted to play the 20th century fox fanfare that was included in the Miopocket install with no sound results. I'm suspecting this is similar to the issue that leetcoder is running into.

See viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18522&hilit=launcher&start=45

I inserted a DVD of MP3s and it started playing immediately, so the sound system was enabled, but was being hardware controlled.

Last comment, the existing skins didn't fit the 800 by 480 screensize. I'm going to poke around on that forum and look for replacements.

A few other observations on a F90BT:

I was able to change to the 800 x480 skin without issue and Miopocket launches into that as the default now. Changes to the sounds (such as stylus click) produce sounds normally. Anything played through the media players, however, is silent. Changes made in the control panel app seem to carry forward into the OEM app when rebooted. I set the stylus click sound on and forgot to change it before rebooting into the OEM software. After the OEM software fully loaded I got both sounds playing when buttons were pressed (the default.wav files and the windows click noise). I'm assuming other changes would also be retained, but I'm not sure. Given that the install script has to run every time (the settings that tell Miopocket that it is already installed seem to be lost when rebooting) I'm wondering what things are retained and what things are lost on reboot.

I've not played with the GPS functions yet. I'm more interested in using Miopocket for Media Player usage. Miopocket runs smoothly. If we could get the sound working through the tool, this would be an excellent replacement for the OEM media software which, frankly, was disappointing.

One other comment, as an aside. Something I changed in Miopocket have changed my language settings in the OEM software *only* underneath the GPS menu items. Everything under destination or under the Navigation Settings menu items are in French and nothing I do through the OEM window can change it. Very strange. Every other menu remains English. C'est la guerre...

• 3 weeks later...

After trying it out I can say that I love it but there are too much short comings to use it daily. The calibration is way off. There is no way to switch back and forth between the Miopocket and AVIC system. That would be fine with me but the loss of XM just is not worth it. Are there any other Windows CE programs that work with the F900BT out there?