AVIC411.com

My MSN signal bar is not working right .

I had a hard time having them activate it. MSN sent the signal 3 times but showed intermintent signs of working after 2 days with no signal meter showing but says active. I live in Niagra Falls Canada but only tells me gas infomation in buffalo. 17 klms away. Weather updates from Toronto and no movie info, traffic info from both Buffalo and Toronto.

MSN says contact pioneer . Pioneer says contact MSN ???????????

My Navigation woks fine.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same here in Phoenix. Bar never showed any signal strength but it did work ok intermittently. Seems that I would get some, but not all information at times (movie listings hit or miss here too). I am using the splitter, otherwise no AM and no MSN. Also using a shorty antenna.

I will give MSN a little credit. The traffic function worked ok most of the time and gas prices were accurate.

I recently lost MSN completely. One day it just went away. Still have 1 month of the free subscription left and reset through the Internet a couple of times. Right now it is stuck in the connection page. Probably need to reset the head unit but getting MSN back is not worth the hassle at this point. Everything else works fine.

Edit: Reset the unit and all is fine with MSN again. Had to redo my presets, and video settings but no big deal.

Thanks all,

When I talked to MSN they said I had excellent coverage between Buffalo to Toronto and The coverage map shows good coverage area. I had my head unite installed by a good dealer.

Other than this I had a few start up flaws but seemed to have worked them out. Mostly infomation from this site.

Thanks all !!

MSN Direct said my coverage area was also very strong but the past 6 times I tried to get the forecast it said [ No Local Weather Data ].

Movie times is a joke, the closest theater on the MSN is like 20 miles away, when there's 3 theaters around here within 10 miles. Love the traffic info except that most of the information is in the Bronx/Queens area. Gas prices is hit or miss, sometimes it will have every station, sometimes the closet one is 18 miles away. IDK I think for a place that has great coverage the MSN Direct is performing this poorly, It's a waste of money.

My MSN Direct worked fine for a few. After that it says “Connecting to MSN Direct†and nothing happens. I contacted MSN, they blame Pioneer. The MSN rep actually said that Pioneer Engineers are aware of the situation. I call Pioneer and get put on hold for 20 min and transferred three times for them to blame MSN’s signal strength. No knowledge of the issue and no patch or other solution was offered by Pioneer. All they can suggest is that I return the unit. I live in the Greater Seattle Washington area, MSN’s home. I have never seen more than three bars of signal strength. My FM Reception works fine in comparison. If MSN can’t maintain a signal in their home turf then what is up? IMOP it is a software glitch or a communication/protocol error. Based on the fact that resetting the unit always brings back the MSN service but looses all of my EQ and other settings, and previous experience with Microsoft authentication, it would seem a software or protocol problem indeed. Has anyone else had similar misfortune?

post-24935-12872757072082_thumb.jpg

My MSN Direct worked fine for a few. After that it says “Connecting to MSN Direct†and nothing happens. I contacted MSN, they blame Pioneer. The MSN rep actually said that Pioneer Engineers are aware of the situation. I call Pioneer and get put on hold for 20 min and transferred three times for them to blame MSN’s signal strength. No knowledge of the issue and no patch or other solution was offered by Pioneer. All they can suggest is that I return the unit. I live in the Greater Seattle Washington area, MSN’s home. I have never seen more than three bars of signal strength. My FM Reception works fine in comparison. If MSN can’t maintain a signal in their home turf then what is up? IMOP it is a software glitch or a communication/protocol error. Based on the fact that resetting the unit always brings back the MSN service but looses all of my EQ and other settings, and previous experience with Microsoft authentication, it would seem a software or protocol problem indeed. Has anyone else had similar misfortune?

Do a soft reset. See my post above. Fixed mine. Won't fix lack of information though. That is a MSN problem, not Pioneer.

yea....not worth the $

Depends on where you are. Certainly worth it in Chicago...

Damn this thin. How can it be great in one city (Chicago), not so great in another (NYC) and horrible in its place of origin (Washington)??

That's a question to Microsoft and their data provider.

I only use traffic and gas price information, and those seem to be reasonably accurate and useful...