AVIC411.com

2007.07 maps?

I'm assuming we have to rename the new one the same as the old .fbl file correct?

Not really, iGO will look at all FBL files, determine if you have a license for them, then use the latest map for any given region it has.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Boris, but I eventually found what I needed, think I'm spending too much time on my mods and my head's getting crammed!

Dropped Licence and EZRIDER into Avic and now I've got 2008/10 maps running :D

Cool. Wish we had maps that new :)

After thinking about it I reckon it will be hardly noticeable TBH Boris, that's assuming the only difference between maps is actual changes in existing roads/highways, addition of new roads/settlements etc.. As far as I can tell the appearance of the new map is the same as the old one, but that will be down to the skin and theme.

Anyways, it's gotta be better running newer rather than older maps, so I'm happy it's done now :D

After thinking about it I reckon it will be hardly noticeable TBH Boris, that's assuming the only difference between maps is actual changes in existing roads/highways, addition of new roads/settlements etc.. As far as I can tell the appearance of the new map is the same as the old one, but that will be down to the skin and theme.

Anyways, it's gotta be better running newer rather than older maps, so I'm happy it's done now :D

Indeed... Maps do not have any appearance data in them. Still, there's enough road construction going on to make new maps useful. Also, I'd expect things like speed limits, house numbers, etc. to be improved with each release.

Indeed... Maps do not have any appearance data in them. Still, there's enough road construction going on to make new maps useful. Also, I'd expect things like speed limits, house numbers, etc. to be improved with each release.

It is noticeable me for me, I'm now using the 2008.10 UK maps and they include 2 new major road changes that were not in the stock maps.

Are the POI files working for anyone? So far I've only done Minnesota, but the POI file didn't work. The map works fine however, basically i looked for a restaurant today near my current location and the nearest one was 40 miles away. I looked at some of the other POI's and realized they were in Wisconsin, so I threw in the SD card and used my backup POI file and all is good again. Would kind of like to get the new file working though, any ideas?