AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

finally i sorted it out !!!! :D:D:D:D

stupid me i didnt unzip the testmode before putting it into the sd card !!! :oops:

got test mode, followed the steps on here, and its sorted !!!!!

you wont believe how happy i am right now :D:D:D:D:D:D

thanks guys for all the help, and sorry for being a total idiot lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All. New Here, just registered. Sorry for the long first post (I'm a technician)

I have a HATE/LOVE relarionship with my F900BT...Hate it and would love to get my money back!

I'm also having the reboot isue with F900BT.

History: Installed unit April-09 in 2000 4Runner with hardware PBrake bypass and no other mods, worked as well as can be expected (slow and glitchy) until Sept-09 while on a hunting trip. After a couple days bouncing around on gravel roads with GPS on tracking path on unmapped roads, and playng mp3s from a 8Gb SD card the unit started constant reboot when moving, worked ok when parked.

Got home pulled unit returned it to Futureshop where I purchased it in Surrey, BC Canada. They sent it for repair.

Came back upgraded to fw 2.000600 and seemed to work ok for the past year. The glitches were mainly starting on different radio screen then when shut down, often starting SD playback in repeat rather than random and going to map screen after BlueTooth call.

Now: Sept-2010 go hunting for a couple days bouncing on gravel roads with GPS tracking route.playing mp3s from 16Gb SD card, back to the reboot problem. I thought mybe rattling on gravel roads shook something loose. Pulled unit (no longer in warranty) took it apart and unplugged and reconnected all plugs and ribbon cables and looked for bad solder on boards. Didn't see anything suspicious. Reinstalled unit and worked fine in shop. Drove 1/2 block and reboot. Upgraded to fw 2.000800, worked fine in shop, drove 1/2 block and reboot. Found fw 2.000900 on UK Pioneer site (revision list said reboot issue fix in this version) and installed.

This is where I made a troubleshooting error. Thinking maybe the onboard flash memory was full which could possibly cause the OS to lock up as there were 505 track logs saved (I've always had autosave tracklogs enabled) I deleted all the old tracklogs which was a PITA as there is no "delete all tracklogs" option I had to delete each one at a time which took about 20 minutes. Another glitch I've had lately is the track isn't always displayed on the screen (black trail) while travelling about 50% of the time.

Anyway after fw 2.000900 and deleting track logs the unit worked fine on a short test drive but I don't know which action solved the problem as like a dummy I made two changes without testing between.

Since I haven't seen anyone mention deleting tracklogs I don't know if this was the problem. If anyone is experiencing the same issue I would suggest deleting the logs first to see if that is the problem. Maybe the guys deleting the gps files thru testmode are actually erasing the tracklogs without realising it? This would also explain why the units are working fine for several months before having problems as it takes that long to fill the flash memory. I also wonder if the hardware PBrake bypass affects this and is keeping the unit from purging the flash memory? this would make the helpline suggestion about not having the parking brake wired correctly causing the problem an accurate statement...scary. BTW I uploaded the tracklogs to the SD card and checked the filesize on a PC, I think it was about 37MB but don't remember for sure.

Has anyone solved this problem by purchasing and installing the map upgrade with version 3.x firmware? I see there is now 2010 map update available CNSD-200FM available for purcase from Pioneer. Has anyone with reboot issue tried this? Does it solve any other glitches? I would consider the upgrade if the unit is stable and some/all the glitches are fixed. Otherwise my next move may be a hardware mod...2lb ballpeen!

I'll update here if there are any changes as I only did short test drive so far with autosave tracklogs turned off.

GLTA. Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't really understand much of what people is saying on this page but I'm having the same thing going on and I don't know what to do or how to do....never tried nothin yet but if somebody is nice and kind and send me info step by step email me at undergroundhitz@aol.com or redhook80@gmail.com or text me on my number 347-538-5272

I don't really understand much of what people is saying on this page but I'm having the same thing going on and I don't know what to do or how to do....never tried nothin yet but if somebody is nice and kind and send me info step by step email me at undergroundhitz@aol.com or redhook80@gmail.com or text me on my number 347-538-5272

Did you try this post?

i tryed the testmode is not working what i did was i unzip the testmode folder and copy the 2 folders that is in there which is Testmode and MiTACAP and put it on my 2gb mini sd card and put it on my 900bt and nothin pops up on the 900bt so i dont know what going on everytime i drive the radio turns off and restart again and when i disconnect the nav the radio works justs fine nothing wrong .... i dont know what do to do anybody have aim so somebody can help me little by little cuz im new on this....... this is what it says

system detected improper connection of parking brake lead please check your confingeratior for safely. please see operation manual for more information regarding safe operation

aim is undergroundhitz

another one bites the dust... i've tried reading through the posts here, but none of them seem to be quite the same as the issue that i'm having, and i'm tryin to get advice on which solution to try first.

I have the f90bt, been installed in the car about a year working fine with no problems, never hacked or modding anything (not super patient when it comes to these kinds of things) not positive about the parking brake thing though

about a week ago, it started doing the boot loop issue, after troubleshooting and experimenting i determined that it only reset once i got the error (don't remember exact wording) but basically it would reset if i got to above 15-20 mph, sitting still the unit would function properly

now, it boots to the splash screen, and then goes blank, and seems like it powers off, just sits on the black screen, no music, no functionality, no side illumination or anything. sat for over 10 mins and still nothing, pressed map button, and nothing gave any type of response.

I can boot into test mode, and i tried deleting the files, and that didn't give me any type of fix, still goes to the black screen, i also tried the "eject trick" and that causes the unit to just sit on the splash screen

so now i'm stuck and just kinda frustrated